Mass Effect Andromeda

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by LightyKD, Apr 7, 2017.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Anyone here playing or enjoying this game? I'm waiting for the update to finish installing but I have mixed feelings on this game. Mostly good but mixed.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
  3. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
  4. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I think it's pretty good I'm getting into it pretty deep now and the story has me interested so far.

5. s157

s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Not playing it currently until it gets patched, but I've played it. Lots of bugs, not just limited to animation. However that can and probably will be patched. Least I hope. The story is lackluster. There's no patching that. Do note that the lackluster story is only an opinion, but one that happens to be shared by many.

However, combat is great. Hell if you just play the multiplayer it'll eat up your time quite nicely. However I don't play Mass Effect for the multiplayer exclusively.

6. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Recent patch fixed a major bug for me. Damn game used to lag in the transition from the menu screen back to gameplay. The story is OK but I never feel like I can freely explore like I do in Zelda BotW. Also the Andromeda Galaxy species are lackluster. A bunch of poisoned planets and so far two species and one is basically a
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    . The Milky Way seems a lot more fun than Andromeda.

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    More like... Mass Suck Andromeda amirite?

At least they clearly focused on gameplay, realizing their writers were shit.

8. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    This game definitely isn't on the same level as the first 3 games but I'm really enjoying it especially since the latest update which fixed weird glitches and animations. The first 5-6 hours is what's killing interest because it's boring but it gets better in my opinion.