Marvel vs. Capcom 2 problem?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by Tonitonichopchop, Jan 31, 2011.

Jan 31, 2011
  1. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Since my xbox rrod'd recently, I decided that rather than shell out for another xbox, I'd rather just get a PS3 since all of the games I had (Sans Super Meat Boy) are available on the PS3 and I have the means to pirate them. I've downloaded some of the games I had for the 360, but one I can't seem to find is Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Now, I'm not asking for the pkg (I actually read the rules) but I've wondered why it isn't available like some other psn games on the internet. I'm more than willing to shell out $15 for it if I have to, but I'd just like to know what's stopping it from being available on the internet.

2. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

United States
    Okay, I finally found the answer. Apparently it only installs as a demo and not the retail version. Hopefully a work around will be found soon...

3. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    I'm pretty sure its an NPDRM thing. Even though the code to crack NPDRM is out there, nobody's turned it into a user friendly interface yet, thus anything suffering from NPDRM is very unlikely to be patched for CFW. If I knew how to code, I'd do it myself, but as far as I know there isn't anybody interested in doing it.

4. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

United States
    Damn, are you serious? That sucks. MvC2 is one of my favorite games [​IMG]

5. jazvdb

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well you could always play MvC3

6. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

United States
    That's like saying I should play Super Mario World instead of Super Mario Bros. 3. They aren't even the same game.