Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
It's already released on PS2.

Also this would go side by side with another recent MvC2 for XBLA rumor. Nice to hear!
biggrin.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By that logic then Shadow of the Colossus on the ESRB's page would say "Playstation 3, Playstation 2." But it only says PS2.

Marvel and Capcom have both been teasing about a potential new game for a while. I guess this is what they meant. A new game would be nice, but when thinking about it - How would they pull it off? A lot of characters in MvC2 were completely ripped from the previous Capcom VS series, and that character list in general was just massive. I wouldn't be able to see a third one pull it off, so a port of 2 is acceptable.
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Hadrian said:
It's already released on PS2.

Also this would go side by side with another recent MvC2 for XBLA rumor. Nice to hear!
biggrin.gif
Excuse my ignorance then
tongue.gif

I need to get my PS2 back out the shed, I keep forgetting how many great fighters are on it.

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well they might be reprinting the old ps2 and xbox versions because they are so limited... and in demand. They lost the license right after the release so they are the most rare versions.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PS2 version was the worse one anyway. And again, even if they were reprinted then they wouldn't say "Xbox 360, Playstation 3" on the ESRB.
And Marvel can give out multiple licenses at once you know. Like how Activision has a nice part of the license, Sega has Iron Man and Hulk for example.

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they can reprint them, they can definitely offer them as XBLA and PSN games. I just don't want exclusive characters for either version bullshit like a lot of other games have been doing.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering that you can try to find the PS2 version for, oh say $75 used at GameStop anymore..*cough*

I wouldn't mind a reprint of it since I had been interested in the fighter for a while now. =\

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
The PS2 version was the worse one anyway. And again, even if they were reprinted then they wouldn't say "Xbox 360, Playstation 3" on the ESRB.
And Marvel can give out multiple licenses at once you know. Like how Activision has a nice part of the license, Sega has Iron Man and Hulk for example.
Yeah they only have licenses for the movie ones.

Plus EA did have Spider-Man in their terrible fighter even when Activision had rights.

Marvel hate what some of these companies have done to their franchises and have been hinting at working with Capcom again for a while now. I really hope Capcom get to do some good NEW stuff with these licenses.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
This isn't anything to get excited about.

Now, if MUGEN was working for PS3/360 or even a MvC3, now THAT would be news.
Actually, MvC2 is something to get excited about. A lot of people have always wanted to play it Online and now we finally can. Even a simple port can become acceptable if they add online to it, something that the hardcore MvC2 fans have been dying for ever since it's original Arcade release.

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
This isn't anything to get excited about.

Now, if MUGEN was working for PS3/360 or even a MvC3, now THAT would be news.

Are you insane? MvC2 is infinitely more exciting than MUGEN! I think you haven't experienced the greatness that is MvC2.

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see what all the fuss is about...

I got MvsC2 on XBOX already (for about £20), and an arcade stick to play it with(which I now use with my PC for MAME)
Although it is fun, and I played it alot, I don't see it as epic...

I would much rather prefer a third game. Balanced, with beautiful hand-drawn graphics,(and maybe a couple more modern non-streetfighter capcom reps...).
Oh and of course the mandatory online play too.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1