Hacking Mariokart DS Savetypes?

cheeseandcereal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, so I have an r4i-sdhc.com flashcart (the r4i 3ds v4.5 (with firmware updated to 5.0)). On this cart I can play and save mariokart just fine. I also own an actual mariokart retail cartridge. i dumped the save file from the retail cartridge and attempted to put this save file onto my r4 card, however when I loaded up mariokart it acted as if mariokart had never been opened before. As far as I can tell, the retail save game dump and the flashcart save game are two different types of save game files. I have attached a zip folder containing both of the save files. Could someone look at them and tell me what type of save file each one is? Also if anyone knows how to convert the retail save to one that will work with my r4 card or if anyone knows how to convert the retail save file type to the flashcart save file type it would be greatly appreciated!

Please note that I have already tried putting the retail save game through shunyweb's converter as the source being RAW Format and the output being R4 format. Is it possible that I simply set these settings wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Mariokart Saves.zip
    148.3 KB · Views: 148

cheeseandcereal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sort of figured it out. My flash cart will automatically save everything as a 4mbit flash save file. Mariokart uses an eeprom save file, so I need to find a converter that can convert eeprom save files to flash save files. Does anyone know of any way of doing this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +1