Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's mine so far:

Daisy, Dry Bones, 2 Hammer Bros

Half offense, half defense. With the bros, I keep hammering with the D-pad until a spot is clear, then I do a power-shot. Most of the time I don't have to pass. On defense, I keep that from happening to me by having the two best defenders in-game with Daisy and Dry Bones.

edit: Rank 4 with that strategy, and I got #1 points for the day.

Still there are a couple Luigi/Mario players that sometimes beat me with their crazy pass games.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My Team :

Luigi.
Toad.
Toad.
Dry Bones. (not sure)

I just play some passes , then some high passes till the ball is white and then shoot with the nearest player to the goal.
Kaboom and in.

Didn't play that much, but it worked 4 games so I think my strategy is good.
tongue.gif

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just play some passes , then some high passes till the ball is white and then shoot with the nearest player to the goal.
Kaboom and in.

Didn't play that much, but it worked 4 games so I think my strategy is good.
tongue.gif

That should get you through the first cup, but it gets much harder very quickly, no more slow mega strikes going in, no more 'white ball + cross = certain goal'.

My team(that works online, but is hopeless against the AI):
Waluigi
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Hammer Bro

Waluigi and the Dry Bones are excellent for defence, and their speed means I can get the ball anywhere on the pitch quickly. Almost all of my goals consist of getting into a good position with one of the defence, then passing to the Hammer Bro before I make my shot.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I just lost against a Waluigi team. His special, the wall of thorns, really rocks because you can wall yourself in, and quietly prepare a megashot. That was what got me in the end...

I usually like to use Mario, but his special SUCKS (newsflash, you are NOT invincible while you prepare a megastrike), with dry bones at the defense and two toads or koopas.

Hammer bro in any team, at any position is tantamount to snaking. Everybody's gonna do it, so get with the program or play friends only.

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
At first I thought the Super Mario/Luigi special was super cheap, but all you have to do is keep one of your guys from getting stepped on, and when they go for the charge that's when you hit 'em!

It's definitely a bit overpowered against new players though... compared to the other specials.

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the game yesterday and went thru the tutorial and won the first cup (only losing one game on the way there, 0-1). After that I went online and played 3 series and lost all the games, so my record is 0-6. I'm having trouble figuring out how to make lob passes and do the jump bicycle shots on goal. Is there a trick to it? Is it the pass button or the lob button that you use?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
how can everyone overlook birdo? good defence and a good shot, and her special move never misses if it goes directly at the keeper?

as for me personally i always mix my team up, but my sidekicks ALWAYS have a dry bones/hammer bro, then i mix the 3rd one between birdo/boo/koopa

as for captain i mix it up because its more fun that way, when you play online i hardly go for megastrikes because well, humans are better at stopping them then the AI and its a waste of time!

p.s. look out for the cheats in online games that just lob pass between thier players til the ball gets white, OH YEAH DUDE NOW THATS REALLY PLAYING THE GAME! fuck it shits me!

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the game yesterday and went thru the tutorial and won the first cup (only losing one game on the way there, 0-1). After that I went online and played 3 series and lost all the games, so my record is 0-6. I'm having trouble figuring out how to make lob passes and do the jump bicycle shots on goal. Is there a trick to it? Is it the pass button or the lob button that you use?

Just do a lob pass, hold down Z while you pass, it puts teh ball in the air, then when you're ready lob pass it to a player and hold b, they do the slow mo and the trick shot themselves (the ball just has to be in the air)

birdo is the Puskas of the mario strikers world, first on ma team sheet!!

High 5!
yaynds.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I wish they did something against disconnectors.
Like, you can't play for an hour if you've disconnected from a match you were losing.

Anyways. I have a hard time beating the Yoshi challenge. I beat *every* subsequent challenge, even the bowser jr one which was HARD, but MANAGEABLE, but fucking shit! 1:08 minutes to score five goals with yoshi? And wario's goalie stops four out of six megastrikes? What the FUCK?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol