Pixiuchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Current version: v0.1.3 (2020/12/08)
This is a save file editor (as the thread suggests). I have been working on this constantly for the past 5 days (since November 30th 2020). This currently has the most features out of any save file editor, so I feel I'm ready to release this publically already. I didn't have any real coding experience prior to starting this, so bugs are likely possible. If you encounter any bugs, please report them! And back up your save files before using this editor!

A preview:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Mario & Luigi
    • Stat Editor (both temporary and permanent)
    • Rank-up Bonus Editor (Including a way to get the Gear Slot +1 and Badge slot bonuses without taking up any bonus slots, allowing you to get 8 bonuses in total)
  • Inventory Editor
    • All Items, Boots, Hammers, Wear, Gloves and Accessories, both as individual items and an "99 Everything" button below
  • Ability Editor
    • Enable and disable all the real world and dream world abilities
  • A few miscellaneous stuff
    • Hard Mode: ON/OFF
    • Allow Pausing: ON/OFF
    • Have Badges in battle: ON/OFF
    • Neo Bowser Castle Unlocked: ON/OFF
    • Number of coins you have

• Bros. Attack Editor (I haven't added this yet because the game crashes if you get the Attack while you already have them, and some attacks are forced, so I first want to find the flags related to the collection cutscenes to prevent unnecessary crashes before adding the Bros. Attacks)
  • Badges in the inventory
  • Current room and position Editor
  • Glitched state editors (see speedruns of the game, we abuse glitches!)
  • Cutscene flag/Story Progression editor (this will take the longest and would be done as last but I have the knowledge to do this and I was planning on searching for all the flags anyway)
  • Block Collection flags
  • Beans Collection flags
  • Skillathon, Broque Madame, Kylie Koopa's Puzzles, Mole Hunt Mini-Game Score and X Bosses Score Editor

v0.1
Initial release.
Added: Mario's stats and rankup bonuses,
Luigi's stats and rankup bonuses
Editing all items and gear (all of them!)
Changing which abilities you have and don't have
Whether NBC is unlocked or not
Your coins.

v0.1.1
Added: Hard Mode, "Have Badges" and "Allow Pausing" switches.

v0.1.2
Single fix release: fixes Mario's "Reset Stats" button (it was resettng Luigi's Max HP and BP, not his own).

v0.1.3
Fixes the "Have Badge" button, Dream World abilities ("Have Badges" was saving on top of the DW abilities, overriding your settings) and the "Gear Slot +1" buttons.

I want to give a shout-outs to Ladygugu's save editor on this site. Seeing it motivated me to create my own and actually learn about code (I had little to none coding experience prior to this and this is the result of 5 days of work), and without their code I would have likely taken longer. I did reuse some of their code too, though I did create this "from scratch". Also, if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them! I'm completely open to suggestions. Hope you enjoy and that it's useful to you![/SPOILER]

Attachments

• MLDT Save File Editor v0.1.3.zip
    58.4 KB · Views: 397
Last edited by Pixiuchu,

Shedywer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks! This looks awesome.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I found a bug, whenever I save the file and load it again in the program(and in-game): some dream world abilities uncheck and the experience drop to 0

Pixiuchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I found a bug, whenever I save the file and load it again in the program(and in-game): some dream world abilities uncheck and the experience drop to 0

Hi! I looked into it and, while I couldn't reproduce the experience drop problem, I did find the cause of the bug (I accidentally saved one address over the other) and fix it, while also fixing a few other bugs that I found while testing. I'm uploading a v0.1.3 on the original thread post (and adding the images and links I was supposed to add now that I have the post count requirement after this post!). About the zero experience bug, I was unable to replicate it -- does it still happen on the newest version?

Also, unless I am missing something, could a mod please remove the "(v0.1.1)" from the thread title? Because I can't seem to change my own thread name so unless a mod removes this, it'll forever say that it's "v0.1.1" when I am still working on it.

Last edited by Pixiuchu,

Shedywer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I looked into it and, while I couldn't reproduce the experience drop problem, I did find the cause of the bug (I accidentally saved one address over the other) and fix it, while also fixing a few other bugs that I found while testing. I'm uploading a v0.1.3 on the original thread post (and adding the images and links I was supposed to add now that I have the post count requirement after this post!). About the zero experience bug, I was unable to replicate it -- does it still happen on the newest version?

Also, unless I am missing something, could a mod please remove the "(v0.1.1)" from the thread title? Because I can't seem to change my own thread name so unless a mod removes this, it'll forever say that it's "v0.1.1" when I am still working on it.
The dream world abilities now works, but when I open the save file, experience is directly 0, but might be something with my save(it was edited before with another save editor) because I tested with other clean non-edited save file and it doesn't have that problem. Anyway thank you very much.

and what are those numbers for?

Last edited by Shedywer,

Pixiuchu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The dream world abilities now works, but when I open the save file, experience is directly 0, but might be something with my save(it was edited before with another save editor) because I tested with other clean non-edited save file and it doesn't have that problem. Anyway thank you very much.
(images)
and what are those numbers for?

Hey. It's possible that it's due to another save file editor (I've personally never tried saving data with other save editors). Regarding the numbers... They're supposed to be hidden from view because I was using textboxes as a work around ^^; Accidentally forgot to hide them from view.
If you care about exactly what these numbers are:

The number in the first image is supposed to be the value that tracks gear slot number and current rank bonus:
  • 0x00 (Mushroom Rank)
  • 0x01 (Shell Rank)
  • 0x02 (Flower Rank)
  • 0x03 (Star Rank)
  • 0x04 (Rainbow Rank)
  • 0x30 (one gear slot)
  • 0x40 (two gear slots)
  • 0x50 (three gear slots)
Are what defines this value and is located at address 0x77F for Mario and 0x867 for Luigi in the save file. If you want Shell Rank with two gear slots, the value would be: 0x41, or 65. Your decimal value is 51, which is 0x33; no extra Gear Slots and Star Rank. :)

For the second address: that is the Real World Abilities number; if the number has the nth bit, then it is activated:
  • Bit 1 (Front Hammer)
  • Bit 2 (Back Hammer (Mini Mario))
  • Bit 3 (Back Hammer (Mole Mario))
  • Bit 4 (Spin Jump)
  • Bit 5 (Side Drill)
  • Bit 6 (Ball Hop)
  • Bit 7 doesn't do anything
  • Bit 8 -- this is only a theory that I haven't tested yet but I think if this bit is enabled, access to the dream world in the underground collection VIP room (where Peach gets kidnapped) is disabled. I am more than likely wrong however, but this bit is enabled after you free Dreambert and it is disabled somewhere during your playthrough.

I'll add this to the main thread post, but if you're curious for more random fun facts in the save file: I have this spreadsheet in which I keep track of random addresses in the save file (though I've been lazy on documenting the stats). I find these addresses by searching for them during the game and editing them; conveniently, the first ~0x1000ish addresses in the save file perfectly corresponds to 0x6E7CD0 or 0x6E8CD0 (the latter seems to only be for EUR v1.0 though. And for the Demo version, it's 0x559B60 (although most addresses are useless due to all the rooms being deleted in the demo version as far as I know). It's quite easy to find the addresses for random beanholes or random blocks. (I specifically search between 0x6E7CD0 and 0x6E8CD0 which gives me 4096 possible search results, so I do an "unknown search" before hitting a block, and then after, and it's one of the 3-6 addresses that remain. Just edit them manually and reload the room and you'll find it very quickly; same concept applies to many many addresses in the save file region). Thought I'd share this in case people are curious how I found most of these addresses.

Shedywer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey. It's possible that it's due to another save file editor (I've personally never tried saving data with other save editors). Regarding the numbers... They're supposed to be hidden from view because I was using textboxes as a work around ^^; Accidentally forgot to hide them from view.
If you care about exactly what these numbers are:

The number in the first image is supposed to be the value that tracks gear slot number and current rank bonus:
  • 0x00 (Mushroom Rank)
  • 0x01 (Shell Rank)
  • 0x02 (Flower Rank)
  • 0x03 (Star Rank)
  • 0x04 (Rainbow Rank)
  • 0x30 (one gear slot)
  • 0x40 (two gear slots)
  • 0x50 (three gear slots)
Are what defines this value and is located at address 0x77F for Mario and 0x867 for Luigi in the save file. If you want Shell Rank with two gear slots, the value would be: 0x41, or 65. Your decimal value is 51, which is 0x33; no extra Gear Slots and Star Rank. :)

For the second address: that is the Real World Abilities number; if the number has the nth bit, then it is activated:
  • Bit 1 (Front Hammer)
  • Bit 2 (Back Hammer (Mini Mario))
  • Bit 3 (Back Hammer (Mole Mario))
  • Bit 4 (Spin Jump)
  • Bit 5 (Side Drill)
  • Bit 6 (Ball Hop)
  • Bit 7 doesn't do anything
  • Bit 8 -- this is only a theory that I haven't tested yet but I think if this bit is enabled, access to the dream world in the underground collection VIP room (where Peach gets kidnapped) is disabled. I am more than likely wrong however, but this bit is enabled after you free Dreambert and it is disabled somewhere during your playthrough.

I'll add this to the main thread post, but if you're curious for more random fun facts in the save file: I have this spreadsheet in which I keep track of random addresses in the save file (though I've been lazy on documenting the stats). I find these addresses by searching for them during the game and editing them; conveniently, the first ~0x1000ish addresses in the save file perfectly corresponds to 0x6E7CD0 or 0x6E8CD0 (the latter seems to only be for EUR v1.0 though. And for the Demo version, it's 0x559B60 (although most addresses are useless due to all the rooms being deleted in the demo version as far as I know). It's quite easy to find the addresses for random beanholes or random blocks. (I specifically search between 0x6E7CD0 and 0x6E8CD0 which gives me 4096 possible search results, so I do an "unknown search" before hitting a block, and then after, and it's one of the 3-6 addresses that remain. Just edit them manually and reload the room and you'll find it very quickly; same concept applies to many many addresses in the save file region). Thought I'd share this in case people are curious how I found most of these addresses.
Wow thanks for all the info. Cheers :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there