ROM Hack Mario & Luigi: Can I apply the superstar saga (Cartridge Rumble Patch) to Korean ROM?

hopan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
There is a game file that translates the Japanese version of the game into Korean

I applied the Japanese patch released by @djedditt , but it failed because MD5 was not correct

If I give you Korean ROM, can you give me an applicable patch?

djedditt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MD5 mismatch is not necessarily problem in this case. You can try patching the rom anyway using Lunar IPS for example. If you share the Korean translation patch I can check for potential conflicts.

Do note that sharing the full rom is not allowed. If you don't have the patch file or link to the patch, Lunar IPS can generate an .ips patch for you. You'd need an unmodified Japanese rom and the Korean translated one to generate it.

hopan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thank you for your response.

I created a .ips patch in the way shown in the answer.

However, there is a problem. Reapplying the generated .ips patch to the Japanese ROM causes an error.

Is it okay to attach the .ips patch file? If you don't mind, I will attach the .ips patch file.
Post automatically merged:

MD5 mismatch is not necessarily problem in this case. You can try patching the rom anyway using Lunar IPS for example. If you share the Korean translation patch I can check for potential conflicts.

Do note that sharing the full rom is not allowed. If you don't have the patch file or link to the patch, Lunar IPS can generate an .ips patch for you. You'd need an unmodified Japanese rom and the Korean translated one to generate it.
When using the luna ips program,

'failed to create patch for entire file.
your modified file has changes at or beyond the 16 MB mark.'

An error occurs.

It's too hard.
If there's no way, you don't have to help. Thank you.

Last edited by hopan,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you already tried patching the Korean ROM with the Japanese Rumble IPS patch anyway?

Unless the Korean patch somehow overrides the rumble patch, it should still work. (I don't have an EZ Flash Omega DE, so I can't test this.)

Anyway, this is an xdelta patch for the Korean translation (use No-Intro Japanese ROM with MD5 D571970F19FAFDBCDDDB71A02563317E).

The website for the translation is dead, so this is pretty hard to find.

Attachments

• Mario & Luigi RPG (Japan) (Korean Translation).zip
    143.9 KB · Views: 3

hopan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Have you already tried patching the Korean ROM with the Japanese Rumble IPS patch anyway?

Unless the Korean patch somehow overrides the rumble patch, it should still work. (I don't have an EZ Flash Omega DE, so I can't test this.)

Anyway, this is an xdelta patch for the Korean translation (use No-Intro Japanese ROM with MD5 D571970F19FAFDBCDDDB71A02563317E).

The website for the translation is dead, so this is pretty hard to find.
Thank you.
I'll apply the patch and reply to you.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.
I'll apply the patch and reply to you.
No, that xdelta patch was just for the Korean translation.

This is the Korean translation with the rumble patch pre-applied. Apply this to a clean Japan ROM. It should work, but I can't test it.

Attachments

• Mario & Luigi RPG (Korean Translation) (Rumble Patch).zip
    144.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: hippy dave

hopan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
No, that xdelta patch was just for the Korean translation.

This is the Korean translation with the rumble patch pre-applied. Apply this to a clean Japan ROM. It should work, but I can't test it.
I applied the patch you applied to the clean Japan ROM.

It runs normally in the PC emulator (Visual Boy Advance), and the Rumble option is also enabled in the Settings menu.
However, when running in analog pocket (Omega DE), it stops on the white screen behind the Nintendo logo.
I wanted to enjoy it in Korean, but that's too bad.
Post automatically merged:

These are the symptoms that appear.

Attachments

• apml.jpg
    apml.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 4
  • apml2.mp4
    3.8 MB
Last edited by hopan,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd confirm it on Nintendo hardware in case it helps, I don't have a DE or anything with rumble, but on a regular Omega on an original GBA and a Micro, it does the same thing, stops on white screen after alpha dream logo, with weird noises.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo