Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heran Bago said:
Don't feel I have to justify in the test area but it is simply not a good game. It's missing things it should have, it has things it shouldn't. They really dropped the ball on this one and shit out a less-than-par title in the series to cash in.
Congrats, you have the balls to say it how I didn't dare to say it
rofl2.gif

It's on par with Mario Kart DS though, the single worst and most imbalanced Mario Kart game ever.

QUOTE(jaxxster @ Apr 15 2008, 01:43 AM) it was fun for a few hours, then i thought...this is boring, 1st place no problem, green shell...bananas...green shell...bananas...its too linear unfortunatly.
That's probably what bothers me the most. The game's only fun if you SUCK at it.
Oh, how fun it is to get a Bullet Bill or a Star or a Lightning right before the finish line and catch up from 8th place to 1st place and claim the victory.
But it's @*#&%! frustrating for everyone else.
If you suck, you get all the great items and get to shoot everyone else and cause devastation, but if you're on first or second place, all you get is fucking bananas, green shells and ?-Blocks (by far the most useless item in the game...why is it even still there? in MK64 it could actually be mistaken for a real ?-Block, which made it funny and interesting, but not anymore, now even a color-blind retard can distinguish between the bright and colorful ?-blocks and the fake dark red ?-blocks with the huge upside-down question mark...and top it all, it doesn't even stop green or red shells
mad.gif
)
And before you say staying behind until the last lap is a good strategy: Damn, no it's not
dry.gif
... It's just a further proof that it's not the driving skill that counts, but merely luck...So, you're close to the finish line and let's say 4th place because you're holding back in order to get better items...but if everyone's holding back, the logical result would be that all players are very close to each other...so how'd you know if you actually get a good item that'll let you win the race? How'd you know the driver on 3rd place doesn't get a better item (which is very well possible)? How'd you know the driver on 12th place doesn't get a Lightning Bolt and pwns you all, leaving you without any item? Yes, you could drop back to 12th place, collect a Bullet Bill item, work your way back to the top without using the Bullet Bill item and then use it in the last moment possible, but it's very unlikely you'll keep your Bullet Bill item until then, because there are so many ways to lose your items...It's no fun that way
mad.gif

Sure, I'm still playing MKWii online at the time, but there's no way I'm not gonna get bored in 2 weeks or so, so SSBB is clearly my game of choice here...

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
I love this game in general BUT it does have it's fair share of problems.

The gameplay is fine, very enjoyabe actually as with most Mario Kart incarnations (IMO). My only quibble, well actually to my dam right annoyance is online...By online I do not mean the gameplay presented in any of the online modes, I dont even get annoyed by those shitty bikes poeple seem to love (should have kept it to Karts in my eyes) BUT I simply cannot stand the "Friends" system!!!
mad.gif

So far the "Friends" system has been the bain of my life and sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of Mario Kart online. Many of my friends went out and bought this title on launch day, as did I. For many of us this title and SMG were the main reasons for buying a Wii. Can I play with my friends? "Well of course you can" I hear many cry, "Nintendo has this excellent "friends code system"", "Really" I say!? because the reality is....Sometimes I can...Maybe after 30 minutes of trying I can...More annoying, sometimes not at all!!!

Should my friends decide to start a game without phoning me first (something I would not expect in this day and age) can I join thier online match - NO!!! Instead I find my self looking at all my mates in one game and no way for poor old me to join!! That sucks donkey balls!! The reason I bought the game was to play my mates online. I hear you say "dont use private matches then", pardon me! I can only assume you think joining world wide matches is an easier option, NOT likely. I spent nearly 30 minutes last nite clicking on any of my 5 online "freinds" Mii's to be told by Nintendo's online service that "it's not been posible to connect you at this time" or better still - The fantastic online service offered with this game has decided, no they're not your friends after all, you can go into this game instead....I mean WFT!!! Its a joke!!

I understand Nintendo's idea of a safe online enviroment and that they have achieved. It's a shame that the over zealous method employed by Nintendo has spoilt this game for what I would expect to be a 99.9% non perversly derranged fan base. whom all of I may add would never even think of using such a game as a "grooming" mechanic to meet little children. How tragic it is that our fear ridden socity has come to point where we can longer let poeple come together and enjoy the new fruits that technologies offer and that companies such as Nintendo can not let poeple play together in a easy an intuitive way.

At the very least a PS3 type "party" system could have been implimented allowing for groups of friends to search for and join games together. Headsets, dont get me started on this .Where the hell is ingame comms? this is Mario Kart!! We all love to gloat at out victories, cry out at our bitter sweet losses and misfortunes, can we - No , Nintendo you make us suffer in silence....

Thank you Nintendo, thank you for spoiling what I believed would be a fantastic online gaming experience....

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still obessively play Mario Kart DS to this day, and dont see the need to spend money on the wii version when i love the ds one so much (excluding blue shell)

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Vater Unser said:
That's probably what bothers me the most. The game's only fun if you SUCK at it.
Oh, how fun it is to get a Bullet Bill or a Star or a Lightning right before the finish line and catch up from 8th place to 1st place and claim the victory.
But it's @*#&%! frustrating for everyone else.

Ok you're funny man with all those "too lucky" complaints.

But it never happened to me. Lies. If I'm first and play with guys who suck, they have all their superpowered stuff, ok. But they never finish first. YOU finish first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily