Hacking Mario Kart Wii, problems for legit NTSC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kevin007
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,824
  • Replies Replies 9

kevin007

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
121
Country
Canada
I have been playing the PAL version of this game for a while now. I'm kinda sick of the duplicate channels and stuff. Whats this i heard about the legit disc bricking the wii? Will it get rid of the duplicate channels if i get the legit NTSC version? This is the reason why i want the legit version.

I have a legit brawl that i cannot play on my Wii (as you all know)
I brought a wii wheel for $15

so i thought....i rather return the wii wheel, trade in the brawl + the $15 for a legit disc + wii wheel.

It DOES play on the wiikey right? Any problems with it?

thanks
 
to put it simply.

Is it safe to put in a legit NTSC Mario Kart into a Wii that played a backup PAL MKWii?

Will there be an update this time?
 
1: Since you have a modchip, please give us what type of modchip you have. Some of them have addressed the "legit Brawl" issue.

2: You can remove duplicate channels via a program. Search this forum, as I don't have a link offhand.
 
kevin007 said:
to put it simply.

Is it safe to put in a legit NTSC Mario Kart into a Wii that played a backup PAL MKWii?

Will there be an update this time?
Hmm i havent had any problems, i loaded a copy of my friends legit NTSC copy and it played just fine and i was using the Pal version before aswell.
 
Sorry, I was in a rush.

I have a wiikey and i've been out of the scene for a while. It doesn't matter though, as I've got a backup working copy for brawl.

Can i remove the channels by simply using a legit NTSC MKWii? Will it ask for an update like the PAL MKWii backup did?

Thanks
 
If the PAL version asked for an update, then the US version will ask for the same update (3.3U, I believe).
 
And...it'll be safe? I think the update will remove the dup. channels...right?

Man i really don't want to do everything again.

2 stars for all of 50cc
2 stars for all 100cc wii cup
1 star for all 100 cc retro cup
2 star for all 150 cc wii cup.

7200 online points
frown.gif


On the bright side, i don't have any 3 stars yet and my record isn't so great...

Thanks guys.
 
No, updating doesn't remove the dupe channels. There's a program that can do that, but as I said earlier, I don't have a link to it.
 

Site & Scene News