OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi,
yesterday my friends and i organized a game evening. we planed to play mario kart on wii and soul calibur on ps3.

mario kart was a big disappointment for all of us. we had 4 controllers so there were 4 of us on the track and like 6 npcs!

WTF ! there were more npcs on the track than real players. when you shot someone with a turtleshell it probably was a npc. when you got shot it was a NPC too!
there was absolutely no fun in this multiplayer battle.

also in team mode the npcs scores decided who won and who lost!

so far we didnt find a way to disable the NPCs.

what do you think of the 4 player multiplayer modus in mario kart on wii?

take care
ipumuk

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Indeed.. it's not very clear, but the option to disable the NPCs is there.. on the top of the screen, when you're creating the multiplayer game there's an options button that let you change the difficult, choose tracks and disable items and NPCs

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They did a big mistake by not adding a local network multiplayer mode, like that totally KICK-ASS one MKDD had.
There's no excuse. Double Dash had a LAN mode which required TWO people to buy the ridiculously overpriced Broadband Adapter, yet MK Wii doesn't have one, even though every Wii comes with its own WiFi adapter and almost every Wii owner knows at least one other person who owns a Wii...
Imagine how awesome a 12-player race on 3 TVs would be...Hell, you could even connect up to eight GameCubes in Double Dash, so why not connect 12 Wiis in MK Wii? How awesome would that be?
Instead, we're stuck with just an online mode which has almost no gameplay settings...
I'm not even going into detail on all the other issues this game has
ph34r.gif

Thanks for putting so much effort into the only Mario Kart game we're likely to see on the Wii, Nintendo
hate2.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes turning off CPU players can be a problem, they hid that option a bit too well. But once found, multiplayer does become more interesting. The other failure is still there unfortunately, they really screwed up battlemode. Racing in teams suck and it's no longer about the 3 balloons, it's now time-based.

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks for that information. i am sure we looked like everywherer and did not find anything. it must be very well hidden.

we really have to try that again next time we meet!

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ipumuk said:
one more question!!

can you play the game with the digipad by chance?
You can play it with the Wii mote as Wii wheel, WiiMote + nunchuck, Classic controller or GameCube controller.

Also, I want to say it: READ the MANUAL! It answers every question you might have. If you illegally downloaded the game, then also download a copy of the manual.

And please don't double post
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves