Gaming Mario kart Game (Grand Wii) Event

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tomorrow, seeing as lots of copy's from Game were sent today (meaning posted early tomorrow) shame AU PAL is late release or we would have seen it up by now.

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
superrob said:
m0dm0use said:
Tomorrow, seeing as lots of copy's from Game were sent today (meaning posted early tomorrow) shame AU PAL is late release or we would have seen it up by now.
Just get a Europe version they will work.

I'm now confused I am in Europe UK is in Europe, Game is in the UK, AU PAL is good since leaks come from there most PAL leaks are PAL AU!

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
So you guys reckon the game will be leaked with in the next few days?

And you think the latest will be Thursday the 10th? Awesome =D

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think Wednesday, at the absolute latest ... too, too many people already have it ... I know at least 30 or so people who have it, all genuine discs, not copies, already ... someone will crack, and leak it.

And, with GAME shipping already, Wednesday is really gonna be the very latest.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think its possible for people to use WiiScrubber on it and upload to public torrrent sites such as Mininova? I dont hve a Usenet account, and I ussualy buy my Wii games from a friend of mine who sells them around five dollars, but I'm not sure he'll have it before the 11th.

What Im mainly saying though, do you think someone will upload a WiiScrubbed version of Mario Kart Wii on public torrent sites?

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most public sites get their stuff from newsgroups and private trackers ... neither of whom would be unwise enough to scrub an ISO, before releasing ... almost no-one would touch it.

People either want their stuff totally untouched, or they want to do the alterations themselves.

Public trackers suck, anyway.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah public trackers are pretty slow. Im not smart enough to use UseNet.

Oh and I buy games off him for five dollars because they always work, and I dont have to waste time and usage on dowloading it.

Here in Australia we have 'caps', that is, a certain amount of GB we can use before we get dial up speeds every month. I only have 25GB usage, so downloading a 4GB ISO takes up about 4 days Internet Browsing.

If in Australia we didnt have internet caps, well I'd probably be downloading many GBs of stuff now.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We have caps in the UK, too ... for many providers.

There are, however, ways and means
wink.gif

Plus, on the subject of buying games, $5 AUD is not too bad.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, no one can complain about $5.
Theres somthing satisfying about downloading 4gigs and burning your own disk though... I cant quite put my finger on it. You dont treat the game as a free coaster.. I dont know how you guys get your games, but i put hours of my own sweat and blood inserting rapidshare links without a premium account and its painstaking!!! Somtimes I wonder if working 12 hours for $100 would be easier.
what im trying to say is, when you buy a game even though it sucks, you still finish it to get your money out of it... but when you download a game most people play it for 5mins and download another one. When it takes so long to download a game with a dodgy connection, you respect the game for what it is and you find yourself giving it more of a chance.

On the topic of caps, I think mines only 12 but recently it says 16 so I dont know whats going on there...

early MKwii leak FTW!

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm a VIP on a top-level torrent site, that gets many thing faster than UseNet, these days ... a lot of new groups are appearing who release to torrent, and are not as torrent-loathing as the point-scorers lol

That's how I get my games
smile.gif

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow going major of topic lol, well hopefully Wii will get a release today working or not but a legit release would be nice, all I will say is from what I sore there is no need for an extra wii Mario kart channel to be installed to play the game!

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm VIP eh? what kind of dirty deeds must one do to become somthing of this status?

Im new to torrents, i've only downloaded one thing through there... mighty boosh season 2
yaynds.gif

But what I hated about it is that towards the end of the download (at like 85%) the kb/s started dropping like flies! The initial download speed was awesome though, somthing like 60kb/s which I'd never seen before @_@

yeah, my guess is that everyone deleted the file after they finished downloading it, but I didnt know exactly..

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The files/parts of files do not download in order, you get what there is the most of, at first.

So, as you near the end of your download, you are getting the files/parts of which there are the least copies of, and so the speed often drops.

That's a super-simplified explanation.

As for the VIP thing, I used to be a mod there, years ago ... in the early days of torrenting.

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
No, it does not install any extra channel.

It is highly unlikely retail games ever will, just WiiWare games.

Actually there is for Mario Kart its more of a shortcut to certain features of the game

2:48 in and there it is the extra channel

But at the event it wasn't there and that was the full game they were using!

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, my friend has been playing it non-stop since last week, and he said nothing about a channel.

hmmm ... I wonder if it's an optional install?

Looks like it's to do with the multiplayer ... hmmm ... maybe, because he hasn't tried to go online with it yet, that channel hasn't been installed ... hmmm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-