Mario Kart Arcade GP & Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Aglae Pheryl, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi folks,

Has someone experienced Mario Kart Arcade GP not working anymore after updating Nintendont to the latest version ?

I had to revert to the nintendont version I was using before as launching Mario Kart Arcade GP only brought up a black screen and froze the controller.

For information: I am downloading versions from https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/ (I cannot find the revision number on this web site though).

2. ztoben

ztoben Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Comment on the thread dedicated to nintendont support and development. I'm sure you'll get a faster answer there.

3. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett

4. Gus122000

Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2007
    Whoa Whoa Whoa, stop right there! Mario Kart Arcade GP on Nintendon't ? Like on Wii mode on Wii U? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! HOW?!

5. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States

You must be new here. The Triforce games have worked on the Wii for quite a while now (through a quadforce.wad you'd have to install instead of the Dios Mios wad at the time), for quite a while now, Nintendont has also supported the Triforce games (which yes expands compatibility past the Wii into the Wii U as well), however only half of them are working properly at this time: Mario Kart GP and F-Zero AX both work through Nintendont, Mario Kart GP 2 freezes at the take a picture screen, and Virtual Striker 4, isn't yet working either.

6. DeadPixelMan

DeadPixelMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    He asked if this was working on the "WII U" and if memory serves me correctly it DOES NOT.

7. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States

Then your memory has failed you. It works on Wii U. MK GP 2 and Virtual Striker 4 don't work but the other two Triforce games do work via Nintendont in the Wii U. Read my whole post, I gave a history on Triforce working with the Wii first through Quadforce, and then moving on to work in both a Wii and a Wii U via Nintendont. I would know I play MK GP on my Wii U pretty often via Nintendont.

ztoben likes this.
  8. DeadPixelMan

DeadPixelMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    I use it all the time on my Wii but i haven't been brave enough to install it on my Wii U , thanks for the correction.