Hacking Mario Kart 8 Battle custom Tracks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blaziken1
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,928
  • Replies Replies 13

Blaziken1

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2016
Messages
102
Reaction score
17
Trophies
0
Age
29
XP
180
Country
Gambia, The
thread's gone (edit: nvm, link just had an error) but I'm assuming you're trying to replace all of Moo Moo Meadows' files with Baby Park's. The reason this won't work in battle mode is because Baby Park has no battle_muunt.byaml, so while the game is loading Baby Park's course model, kcl, etc. it is also loading Moo Moo's .byaml file which obviously will cause major errors.
 
Last edited by Harmonia,
I think there is a way to do it, convert battle_muunt.byaml to .xml and open ot with Notepad++ and edit the file, I think its very similiar to course_muunt I think only have changes ex: delete some objects and more, its complicated but if you want too much play other courses in battle mode try it!
I dont be too secure of this because I never open a battle_muunt.byaml only course_muunt but if you do something wrong console only can freeze (no ban, brick...)
Bye!
 
I think there is a way to do it, convert battle_muunt.byaml to .xml and open ot with Notepad++ and edit the file, I think its very similiar to course_muunt I think only have changes ex: delete some objects and more, its complicated but if you want too much play other courses in battle mode try it!
I dont be too secure of this because I never open a battle_muunt.byaml only course_muunt but if you do something wrong console only can freeze (no ban, brick...)
Bye!

battle_muunt.byaml files seem to be a LOT bigger (the course_muunt for Moo Moo has about 25,000 lines or so while the battle_muunt had over 90,000) so I don't think it's worth going in there and editing things until we have better knowledge of everything the byaml does and better editing tools.
 
You can load the muunt files with my Blender add-on and look what they have what the course_muunt doesnt, and simply add that to Baby Park's course muunt.
I didn't look into the differences yet, but that really shouldn't be hard. I guess it's mostly some Objs here and there. The large line count is more explained through additional encoded Paths though (the add-on cant display them yet, but soon).

One thing I immediately can warn about: If you place the start positions, make sure players don't start where item boxes can flow to. Players get disconnected if they collect item boxes while the count down isn't over. That was already an issue when I increased the item box speeds for a normal race and they were smashed into players faces which waited at the start, coming with a disconnect.
 
Last edited by Deleted member 370174,
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
The main difference I see with the battle_muunt.byaml is that it has 13 start objects (ID 6003) and the last parameter (<value> tags) goes from 0 to 12 for each player. Don't know why there is 13 though but if you have these it should load any track. I created one for baby park that goes over Toads Turnpike, although it doesn't work with Cafiine because of the DLC objects but works fine using Loadiine. Here's a link to my battle_muunt.byaml and has setup files to replace Toads Turnpike https://mega.nz/#!5pxVnKIY!RBxN1_-vpyzKazbD1t50yW_adtWkHrVYxCWSvme0Zus. Hope this helps :).
 
  • Like
Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News