Hacking Mario Galaxy Problem

samantha ireland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have burnt Mario Galaxy at 8 speed with Imgburn. When i put the disc in it comes up in the channel scrren so i click on it, but then it comes up error. Anyone help?

The exact eror is 001 unauthorized device detected. I updated my Wii through the internet. Do i need to do anything to my Wiiey?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Mario Galaxy has an extra copyright protection. Many commercial and open source chips have already fixed the problem. Upgrade your modchip to the latest version. This may or may not work depending on what modchip is used.
wink.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as stated you need to update your modchip - by wiiey i suspect you mean wiikey, in which case grab the update from here: http://wiikey.cn/resources.html

Downlaod it, unpack it, and burn the image corresponding to your region to a DVD using imgburn (or whatever you use). Once burnt you need to load the disc, and do the update which is pretty straight forward - first it will do a test flash, followed by the actual update, by the time y ou're finished the wii will automatically restart

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you had an interuppted connection while downloading?

And I remember something about some modchip update being wayy too small for a DVD and causing warning messages.. but not sure if it was this one...

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try it on a CD, thats not what I meant by my post
tongue.gif

Make sure you're using a DVD, and, whatever the necessary process is to update the chip (I wouldn't know, my install was botched and left a lot of gooey brown resin everywhere)...

Yeah anyway follow those install instructions exactly
tongue.gif

samantha ireland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely out of ideas now. I updated my Wii over the internet. Then I D/L Wiikey 1.9b Update Disc. And burnt to DVD, and used to. Then D/L the hotfix 1.9g. But it just wont reconize the disc in the Wii. I am getting error mesages both from Nero and Imgburn when burning the Image. Do i have to do anything to it before i burn it?

E-Vix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you burn the right disk? As you're from the USA you'll need to use the bootdisc.us.iso image.
Have you tried downloading and running the setup disk? Maybe it will help if you run that once.
Will your Wii still boot the 1.9b update? If it doesn't then something has probably gone very wrong with your update. You could then try to download the 1.9b recovery disk and update it to 1.9g after you've run the recovery disk. Read the instructions carefully!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*