Hacking Mario galaxy hack possibilities

O

Onishiro

Hahaha, I WAS RIGHT!!!! my theory was spot on, the coder left the team that's why they released the 1.9b instead of a non beta version.

I hope they don't take 8 months like last time.

Since this is basically a WiiKey thread...

Posted over at...

http://psx-scene.com/forums/nintendo-news/...ing-wiikey.html

QUOTE said:
For those of you waiting for the Wiikey update to correct "Super Mario Galaxy" issues, here are some tidbits of information...

* The original Wiikey coder, reponsible for previous delays, is no longer working on it. The update is being authored by the same team responsible for D2Ckey.

* CyloWiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly.

* The Wiikey update is being written from scratch by the D2Ckey coding team. This takes time and will, most likely, be a more stable environment than the previously available (unfinished by the original coder) firmware v1.9

The Wiikey Team is fully aware of how anxious everyone is for this update and they are fully committed to providing a working and stable update.

phantoccine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm another chump sitting at home with a wiikey equipped system collecting dust under my television. but my question is, should I go ahead and download Galaxy now, and wait for the update? or is it possible that they would somehow release a patched version of the game thats compatible with wiikey? from what I've heard, its not, but I don't know anything really.

kgb420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
give the guys some time... yes, it did take them forever to release the gba audio fix but the key WAS working for all wii games.

2nd it does sound like they have a new coding team so give the guys some time...

I bet in less than 2 weeks we will have a fix and the wiikey team will be back in the game.

teitoku

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm another chump sitting at home with a wiikey equipped system collecting dust under my television. but my question is, should I go ahead and download Galaxy now, and wait for the update? or is it possible that they would somehow release a patched version of the game thats compatible with wiikey? from what I've heard, its not, but I don't know anything really.

Go ahead and download it, it's only 4GB anyways.

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
I'm another chump sitting at home with a wiikey equipped system collecting dust under my television. but my question is, should I go ahead and download Galaxy now, and wait for the update? or is it possible that they would somehow release a patched version of the game thats compatible with wiikey? from what I've heard, its not, but I don't know anything really.

ONLY 4GB!!!
For people on slow DSL 4GB can take weeks!

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ONLY 4GB!!!
so you better get it now. by the time it's done wiikey will be out

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium

ONLY 4GB!!!
so you better get it now. by the time it's done wiikey will be out

lol, that must be a really slow connection, considering the wiikey takes 6 months per update

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i hope it will be released before the weekend, i want a AAA game to play this weekend.. plus i want to finish playing the game before its release date so i can start on assassins creed on the 13th, or whenever it gets leaked!

RingKing97

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have to believe wiikey doesn't have a firmware fix that can be update with a cd if they did they would have released a beta by now 2 days is a long as time

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have to believe wiikey doesn't have a firmware fix that can be update with a cd if they did they would have released a beta by now 2 days is a long as time

A beta program, is not for all. Just for testers. I believe there IS a beta update, but they are very careful so it doesn't leak.

- If a beta is leaked, everyone will download it because of Mario Galaxy.
- If something goes wrong and there are some problems, people will shout again because "the update was crap" etc. etc.

In my opinion, they done the best move. They could use this (taken from wiinewz.com):
QUOTEThe original Wiikey coder, reponsible for previous delays, is no longer working on it. The update is being authored by the same team responsible for D2Ckey.

and say "we don't have a programer, so you don't get an update".

If (and only if) the above statement is real, then they deserve congratulations for hiring D2Ckey's team and not leaving us without update. They could've said "Mario's protection can't be bypassed with Wiikey. Go buy our new product". They didn't, so we wait.

Bitching is not helping anyone.

RingKing97

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A beta program, is not for all. Just for testers. I believe there IS a beta update, but they are very careful so it doesn't leak.

- If a beta is leaked, everyone will download it because of Mario Galaxy.
- If something goes wrong and there are some problems, people will shout again because "the update was crap" etc. etc.

In my opinion, they done the best move. They could use this (taken from wiinewz.com):
QUOTE said:
The original Wiikey coder, reponsible for previous delays, is no longer working on it. The update is being authored by the same team responsible for D2Ckey.

and say "we don't have a programer, so you don't get an update".

If (and only if) the above statement is real, then they deserve congratulations for hiring D2Ckey's team and not leaving us without update. They could've said "Mario's protection can't be bypassed with Wiikey. Go buy our new product". They didn't, so we wait.

Bitching is not helping anyone.

umm does the d2ckey eve work in the older machines?

chrischinese

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
just wondering myself.... smg does not work on wiikey maybe because there s a code on the game emulating utility disc recon.... so if drive recon this code.... means there is a chip.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, today is the 25th anniversary of the 1st episode of spongebob