Hacking Mario galaxy hack possibilities

Jerico2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody else think that we're over thinking this? Maybe its not some super new copy protection from Nintendo. The error says 'unauthorized device' maybe the error was supposed to come up on all disks that were played outside of of the kiosks. I read somewhere that soembody was questioning Nintendo about the fact that galaxy was the full game, and that it leaked to the internet, and they said it was the first they heard of that. Its possible that everything is running how it was supposed to. Also the D2C thing might be explained because its running on a different chipset.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anybody else think that we're over thinking this? Maybe its not some super new copy protection from Nintendo. The error says 'unauthorized device' maybe the error was supposed to come up on all disks that were played outside of of the kiosks. I read somewhere that soembody was questioning Nintendo about the fact that galaxy was the full game, and that it leaked to the internet, and they said it was the first they heard of that. Its possible that everything is running how it was supposed to. Also the D2C thing might be explained because its running on a different chipset.
people tested the original disc, which worked, then copied the disc, and that copy did not work..

Jerico2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody else think that we're over thinking this? Maybe its not some super new copy protection from Nintendo. The error says 'unauthorized device' maybe the error was supposed to come up on all disks that were played outside of of the kiosks. I read somewhere that soembody was questioning Nintendo about the fact that galaxy was the full game, and that it leaked to the internet, and they said it was the first they heard of that. Its possible that everything is running how it was supposed to. Also the D2C thing might be explained because its running on a different chipset.

people tested the original disc, which worked, then copied the disc, and that copy did not work..

Yes, I understand that. I'm just saying that the original disks were flawed, causing them to work fine on normal systems, the copies do interact w/ the modchip, BUT they don't actually detect that the system has a mod chip, and instead thinks that it is a non-kiosk system.
Also, has the original been tested in a non modded system?

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Also, has the original been tested in a non modded system?

Yup
wink.gif

om123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game checks dvd drive ram for changes, can we just spin up the disc then revert the changes we did to drive ram?

E

eladriano

There's apparently a patch up on Usenet called "SuperMarioGalaxtyPatch_SMG4LIFE.rar" haven't tried it yet because i don't have smg yet. here's the nfo :

Team DIVARIO Team Presents:

SMG FIX
thats right P2P Lamerz it'z here'z
Just Patch and enjoy!

Props out to JPV2!

Bah674786238794bkjhb234gb472834bub4

Thanks for the HEX code, Sonic you suck

Reactions: TheZander
E

eladriano

looks like a super small weird patch to me. Has no icon and just opens a dos box without any errors. /me thinks it's a virus
biggrin.gif
I do agree it does look sketchy. I scanned it with Antivir but didn't come up with a virus. Did you run the file in the same directory as your iso? That might be why it gives you errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, i previously played it emulated, first the PS2 versión and then the Wii version