ROM Hack Mario and Luigi 3 USA Freeze

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I've got the fix for SuperCard users!

It's so goddamn simple.

You need to use the AR cheat, use AR2cht to make it a .cht, and then cht2scc to make it a .scc

Then place the .scc in the same folder as your ROM, with the SAME name. Flick it "on" when starting, TADA it works!

IF you try and 'patch' the game, it will NOT work, no matter what settings you try.

So happy I got this working ^____^;

YumChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pyrofyr said:

It's so goddamn simple.

You need to use the AR cheat, use AR2cht to make it a .cht, and then cht2scc to make it a .scc

Then place the .scc in the same folder as your ROM, with the SAME name. Flick it "on" when starting, TADA it works!

IF you try and 'patch' the game, it will NOT work, no matter what settings you try.

I did the same, but It doesn't work for me o.o

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using acekard2i with latest AKAIO and patched it with the xenophobia patch that was released and i was able to select a save file and it started up. i only tested it. i hope it doesnt freeze when i play it longer later

doktai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorta fixed for Cyclo. The AR code works but when you save, you'll get a black screen afterwards so you'll have to restart and load everytime.

YumChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Erm nvm. I'm able to play it on my supercard now. I cracked my rom. And pressed X, so I disabled all of my options. It works perfectly fine, am currently lvl 6. ^^
If it still doesn\t work for you like that. Try changing your SD speed. I think it was L + Y, or X(?)

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
still waiting for the r4 crack
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:

It's so goddamn simple.

This fix only gets you past the file loading screen. I've done it myself. The game will freeze EVERY time you save, and it is impossible to get past the first battle, it freezes at the end of it. Apparently, you CAN get past these freezes, if you don't ever save, but if you save just once, you'll get a freeze at the end of your next fight. Not an ideal way to play the game.

YumChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
granville said:
Pyrofyr said:

It's so goddamn simple.

This fix only gets you past the file loading screen. I've done it myself. The game will freeze EVERY time you save, and it is impossible to get past the first battle, it freezes at the end of it. Apparently, you CAN get past these freezes, if you don't ever save, but if you save just once, you'll get a freeze at the end of your next fight. Not an ideal way to play the game.

Ah, I am able to play on my supercard one now. It works perfectly now, am now lvl 6. ^^
I cracked my rom, and before I loaded my game. I pressed X and disabled all of my options. It works! Although you can't do real time save, you can still save in-game. ^^

If this doesn't work for you, try changing your SD speed, by pressing L+ A on your starting screen.
happy.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Pyrofyr said:

It's so goddamn simple.

I don't have that problem doing it, I enable pretty much everything (minus patch from file and RTC/RTG)

I can save fine, I can battle after saving fine. The only time I 'perma-blackscreen' is after I level up. Planning on fixing that soon.

YumChan said:
granville said:
QUOTE(Pyrofyr @ Sep 12 2009, 04:37 AM)

It's so goddamn simple.

Ah, I am able to play on my supercard one now. It works perfectly now, am now lvl 6. ^^
I cracked my rom, and before I loaded my game. I pressed X and disabled all of my options. It works! Although you can't do real time save, you can still save in-game. ^^

If this doesn't work for you, try changing your SD speed, by pressing L+ A on your starting screen.
happy.gif
By fix you mean play around with it, or do the old trick to set it past the 'max' there and to whatever speed your microSDHC can handle?

Leo99999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we might just have to wait or a new cheat database to fix the R4 etc.

Posts merged

I think we might just have to wait or a new cheat database to fix the R4 etc.

Leo99999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
amiauron said:
well a lot of people on *name removed by staff* are going crazy trying to fix this
i hope they get an M3 version working soon
There will be, it will just take a long time. i've hear that there are around 30 different anti-piracy measures in the game, so coders will have trouble fixing them all

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Using this code
Code:
52064138 E1A00005 
5206413C E28DDE22 
02064138 E3A00001 
D0000000 00000000 
D0000000 00000000

and the game code (using EVO tools you can find the game code) you can get past the control lock.

DONT use DSATM this will change the game size and will freeze at a white screen upon boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No you asked for proof that your wife was finally leaving