Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mario_adventuredahrkdaizhack.gif

This hack has actually been called "the greatest SMB3 hack of all time." The hack includes many boss battles, changing weather patterns, new power-ups, time-stopping potions, invisible Mario, and a market system so you can actually spend your coins. Worth a patch? Give it a try and let us know what you think!

icon11.gif
Project Post

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
can't you release this patched already?

The patch has to go on what is likely to be an illegally obtained ROM file. This file, even modified, can not be legally distributed, as it contains, albeit it heavily modified, original Nintendo licensed content. Basically, releasing it pre-patched is essentially distributing the ROM file.

Oh man, I think I just ninja'd AW.
tongue.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Bladexdsl said:
can't you release this patched already?

a patched rom contains data from the original copyrighted rom. only the ips patch can be legally released to the public.

QUOTEIPS is a format for recording the differences between two binary files (in this case, between the unmodified and hacked ROMs) and is suitable for ROM hacks

if that is what you were asking.

-another world

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
The hack includes many boss battles, changing weather patterns, new power-ups, time-stopping potions, invisible Mario, market system and some TERRIBLE level design, starting with World 2. Mazes, everything all over the place, enemy spam.

I am the level designer for Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. We had a stream one day and the second level designer was playing. He also couldn't stand the game, got frustrated and called it unplayable. He said that the new elements aren't used well at all.

It's maybe worth checking out for the ASM stuff, but you won't have much fun playing after world 1.

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a new version or something? I've had this rom since 2007. EDIT: Nevermind, shoulda read some more first.

Also, it has a SRAM save feature so you don't need to start over every time (unless you use save states or something).

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find an IPS file on the project post(No download button,or even a hidden link).A little help?
EDIT:Tppth,you have to click the version number.That's a bit stupid.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can confirm that it is epic. I fell asleep playing it. I know because my DS battery is drained. There are lots of twists and turns.
Almost anything you know about a mario game is thrown out the window.
(I mean a boss at the end of every level?)

xshinox said:
i wonder if it's difficult or easy?

It is kinda difficult. A seasoned pro could enjoy this very much.
yaynds.gif

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been meaning to put this on an NES cartridge for a while with custom art and everything.
It's crazy how good this hack is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-