Hacking Marcan leaving scene?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stalkid64 said:
kornychaos said:
LOL @ Mark McDonut; it's so true, they both aren't fans of people who frequent GBATemp.
biggrin.gif
Yep. That's because you are the scum lining the bottom of this rapidly burning out scene. Any further questions on why? No? Shiny.

Now, I don't really keep up with the faces behind the exploits or anything (never heard of Marcan, but I'll bet he's a pretty cool fellow), but it seems that many of these faces let their releases go to their head too quickly and develop a bit of a superiority complex (and this quite a common trend throughout various "scenes").

All I'm saying is that with any major release (be it exploits, a new video game, or even film) you're gonna have people that love it, people that loathe it, and "newbs" that complain and demand more.

Now, I've seen a lot of these groups claim that they don't really develop exploits for the masses but moreso for themselves, as a personal goal. This may be true, but there is some satisfaction to releasing it to the masses and having a wider audience that can test, report, and even help improve said exploiter's skills, in a way. Exploiters just need to remember that there will always be a group that "loves it" (whether this group speaks up or not) and should release for this group (and in some cases for those that loathe it) and not let trivial matters hinder their abilities.
happy.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Good god people...people love to bitch about Marcan. You can't deny he's done a lot for the Wii homebrew scene. You might not like him, but I wish you'd stop being a jerk and at least show a bit of respect. People rant about how people think he's god....the irony is that a lot of GBAtempers do this to Wanikoko as well, acting like he's a perfect god when neither of them are either a god nor perfect.

Personally, I think he'll be back eventually, I honestly cannot blame him (I have the patience of a saint, but I doubt I could keep myself from getting stressed about this BS either). Brakken is being a jerk. He may not like Maracan, but god, just let it go man. I'm an admin for an emulation site and I would never even dream of posting a personal rant against someone like that, regardless of how much I like or dislike them. It's just not professional.

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, let me get this straight - basically this happened?

Brakken: blahblahblah Marcan is a poopoo head!
Marcan: Screw you guys! I'm taking my toys and going home!

Man, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of pre-schoolers having a spat.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burnout600 said:
So, let me get this straight - basically this happened?

Brakken: blahblahblah Marcan is a poopoo head!
Marcan: Screw you guys! I'm taking my toys and going home!

Man, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of pre-schoolers having a spat.

actually it was more like

Marcan: Waninkoko isn't as good as he thinks he is, I could've done that if I wanted to, but I didn't want to.
Waninkoko: What's your problem, this is just a hobby that I apply my knowledge to as I attend university.

and then what you said.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, look for a quicker BootMii release now that the rest of the team doesn't have to waste time cleaning up after marcan!

I'll bet 80-85% of the time they were supposed to be coding/testing was actually spent cleaning up after marcan's temper tantrums... oh no! someone used my code which I freely gave to everyone to create something! they are monsters! how dare they!

I'm completely against piracy, but emulators are ok, because i use them instead of buying the games on the VC

I'm just glad we won't have to hear anymore from his studdering ass!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didnt like Marcans attitude but i have to admit it doesnt stop me having great respect for the guy and his work. He gets the job done and he is on the forefront of the whole wii scene.
Even though on a personal level i dont think id have ever got on with him , i am still sad to see him feeling that he is being pushed into a situation where he has to back away from the scene because he has had a lot of input and deserves a lot of thanks and respect for what he has done so far.

I have never intended to step on his toes , though i may have once or twice (and apologised if i have done) and i for one really do hope he reconsiders his comments and stays on the scene with the rest of us.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read the thread from tehskeen.....what a bunch of fucking immature children! Even when my gf is deep on the rag she never produces the level of drama I saw there.

We are dealing with video games here folks. Get over it.

Gabo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Marcan will probably stay within the scene, he probably just won't be as public as before. Or, like nuke, maybe he'll just use a different screen name (oops, did I just say that?
tongue.gif
)

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This entire post was a waste of Virtual Ink ....

Who cares where Marcan goes, someone will step up to replace him, and hopefully wont be as arrogant. There are smarter people around, as he will someday see.

Never seen such a bunch of babies. Too bad they couldnt all get along, and apply their individual skills (like successful people do)

Whatever, Who cares.

marcan is so awe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NOOO MARCAN...

WHY DID YOU LEAVE?! YOU MADE THE WORLD SAD
frown.gif

Is there gonna be no more BootMii now????? I really need that...

COME BACK MARCAN CUZ U OWN!!!

Kosaic said:
This entire post was a waste of Virtual Ink ....

Who cares where Marcan goes, someone will step up to replace him, and hopefully wont be as arrogant. There are smarter people around, as he will someday see.

Never seen such a bunch of babies. Too bad they couldnt all get along, and apply their individual skills (like successful people do)

Whatever, Who cares.

LOTS of people care where marcan goes. Nobody can be as AWESOME as him. He wasn't arrogant, and he wasn't a baby.

QUOTE said:
There are smarter people around

Yeah, there are. And they will always be smarter than whatever the heck you'll ever be.

QUOTE said:
and apply their individual skills (like successful people do)

Something you'll NEVER be.

Whatever, Who cares.

Like I said, a lot of people care.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootMii has just plain taken too long to come out. It's like if AOL were to say "we have an awesome new web-based email client coming out as soon as we work all the bugs out and make sure it's safe!"

...and the response would be: ".....email? is that anything like gmail?"
or possibly...."WHO ARE YOU GUYS!!?!?"

bootmii jumped the shark about the time we got to hear marcan talk at 25c3.

to be a little more on-topic....
as I understand it, marcan was really always at least part of a tag-team in projects....

...dvdx was in big part with Erant? or svpe? can't remember.
..marcan made some parts of the HBC....out of many....
....3.4 TP fix was found and given to marcan and co.
TP-hack originally I did not think he was involved...correct me?
savemii was found to be built into the system itself, so that could go in the + or - category

so.....yea, that bootmii was kind of the big thing..."was" being the key word.

he did more arguing, and yes, admit it fanboys, insulting, than really anything else.
So Im not a hater, I just say, "oh well."

life goes on. games are still just games.

I think we need some "we love crediar" threads,
list of accomplishments:
-Starfall
-Preloader
-SoftMii Tweaks
-Shared2clear

or some "we love cashman" threads,
for his channel updaters and channel file manager etc.

spread the positive folks.

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yer tbh crediar has GIVEN more to the scene lately than marcan, granted the TP hack sort of exploded the scene to the state its in now and we all (YES ALL OF US.) have to be thankful that him and others gave us the Homebrew Channel and other things.

but look at what crediar gave us lately man..preloader is the closest we have got to BootMii without accessing boot2.

i mean u have to be a serious rtard to get a full brick with preloader installed, and 0.30 looks even safer and possibly he has gained access to boot2 also.

and before PL there was Starfall, which gave us the ability to stay on 3.2 and play newer games and also enable the recovery menu to recover from bricks.

and ofcourse the SoftMii tweaks app, which is basically the whole selling point (yes i say selling because of the donation button and WHAT.) of SoftMii and i hope crediar got some of those donations. with out crediar's cInstaller there would be no way to directly replace the .apps without installing the system menu again. hence the ability to 1. test the themes and not kill your wii and 2. a easy way to distribute them and allow 3rd partys to install them.

crediar U RULE! you deserve more credit than you recieve dude.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drmr said:
noobwarrior7 said:
bootmii jumped the shark
If you say so. I expect you to put your money where your mouth is, and not install it when we release it.

::::::resisting troll-feeding:::::::tough sometimes::::::::::::

QUOTE(drmr @ Apr 15 2009, 08:33 PM)
I expect...........your mouth is, and not install it when we release it.

had to just add this: hehehehahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!
heard that a lot.

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
drmr is a nice guy and a member of twiizers , he is being ironic .
Relax everyone , bootmii isnt dead . nothing has changed .. although this thread is getting seriously old.

Mighty mouse :
drmr is short for "dreamer" usually . has nothing to do with any doctors
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/iqu132vTl5Y?si=MZw4KpDtlawLZNEF