ROM Hack MapleStory Patch Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I take it that none of the users after my last post (in this topic) has done or helped do any game translation, which is why they made those assumption?

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
xdarkx said:
I take it that none of the users after my last post (in this topic) has done or helped do any game translation, which is why they made those assumption?

I doubt that the majority of the people that have posted here have done any game translation.

And I don't mind waiting. I have Picross 3D to entertain me.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's still being worked on, don't worry. You think it's too slow? Rip the text yourself, translate it, edit it, throw it back into the ROM, make a patch with XDelta and spread it around. Have fun with that.

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Porygon-X said:
And I don't mind waiting. I have Picross 3D to entertain me.

And I don't think it's too slow. However, I think it would be nice for the OP to periodically update us on the progress. Not as in release a new patch, as in replying to this thread.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
It's still being worked on, don't worry. You think it's too slow? Rip the text yourself, translate it, edit it, throw it back into the ROM, make a patch with XDelta and spread it around. Have fun with that.

N... er... Leechers don't care about people who are doing the hard work. They only think that when someone start doing things like translating a game, then they must do it and report back whatever they have even if they aren't getting payed.

That's all I can think of.

AngelicDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to think though. How many times has there been a project going on, nobody has heard anything from the project team, then after a few month the team says "Oh we stopped working on this a month ago". I think it would be great just to hear something once in a blue moon Just to confirm that its still going on. Now ffor me either way is fine cause i usually only check here once a week XD.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i think everyone should just be patient, if you dont get the game then you dont, be happy there are people trying and also why do u think they would like dedicate all their time on this game, for all i know they're doing it for free, dont think u would dedicate your time for other people for free now would ya?? well i dont know maybe im wrong but i sure am pretty darn happy that there are people translating games and i cant even like imagine about whining about it, not even if they messed up on some silly name or something... people need to be more greatful imo

DarkFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Be patient people.

Yes this project may seem to be making slower progress than when I was the leader but I don't think that is the case.

When I was around it was the easy stuff, tho they are unto story now which is large. So don't bother flaming or complaining about the speed.

Btw it would be nice to give an update to these people tho, just so they don't loose hope (that is whoever is in charge now). Maybe even a screen with a line or two of story text translated, that should keep 'em happy.

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
DarkFrost said:
Be patient people.

Yes this project may seem to be making slower progress than when I was the leader but I don't think that is the case.

When I was around it was the easy stuff, tho they are unto story now which is large. So don't bother flaming or complaining about the speed.

Btw it would be nice to give an update to these people tho, just so they don't loose hope (that is whoever is in charge now). Maybe even a screen with a line or two of story text translated, that should keep 'em happy.

^That, my friends, is golden.
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porygon-X said:
DarkFrost said:
Be patient people.

^That, my friends, is golden.
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
Agreed

krisie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i tried with the help of a friend to patch the rom but with no succes, i first patched it with my Vista NoteBook, then with a computer with Windows XP, even with no succes, can somebody please send me a message, cause im not always looking at this topic

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one request when you guys finish translating the game. Would it be possible to release a save game editor that allows us to change our name? Because some of the names I gave people were completely stupid, and I regret it now.

misslisa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont let me patch! This msg keeps coming up :
99p8gj.jpg

it says checksum validation failed
and a whole bunch of numbers...
what can I do ?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
misslisa said:
It wont let me patch! This msg keeps coming up :
99p8gj.jpg

it says checksum validation failed
and a whole bunch of numbers...
what can I do ?
That means you got a corrupted download of either the patch or the ROM. Try re-downloading one or the other (or both), and make sure that the ROM is CLEAN and UNTRIMMED.

EDIT: Looks more like it's a corrupt ROM. Get a new, clean, untrimmed ROM and try again.

misslisa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i load the game after getting the patch to work, it says 'data loading failed'
how can i fix this ?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you obtain the Blue Snail card it says "Blue SnailCard Obtained" something like that, happened quickly, but it has it spaces together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol