MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dries said:
Not in the mood to go through the last 10 pages to check if this has already been mentioned, but it still doesn't work on the M3. Not when using the patch given on the M3Forum here, or your patch... It really means we'll have to wait for a Firmware update?

Just so you know, not telling you to fix it
wink.gif
Yeah, it's commonly known now that M3 users are out of luck right now. You'll have to wait for an official M3 firmware update.

dries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skyline969 said:
dries said:
Not in the mood to go through the last 10 pages to check if this has already been mentioned, but it still doesn't work on the M3. Not when using the patch given on the M3Forum here, or your patch... It really means we'll have to wait for a Firmware update?

wink.gif
Yeah, it's commonly known now that M3 users are out of luck right now. You'll have to wait for an official M3 firmware update.

Yak, I hate waiting to play a game D=< Their last firmware update that I got was 21/4/2010, and it's about.. 3 weeks later now, so I guess they'll release a new one soon
biggrin.gif
... i hope...
frown.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Skyline969 said:
dries said:

wink.gif
There was what we thought was a fix, but it was reported not to work. So yeah M3 Users are SOL till an update fixes it.
Till then I have been running through the game so far, a little hard with the languages, but so far I have found little to report that others haven't reported before me.

dries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Skyline969 said:
dries said:

wink.gif
There was what we thought was a fix, but it was reported not to work. So yeah M3 Users are SOL till an update fixes it.
Till then I have been running through the game so far, a little hard with the languages, but so far I have found little to report that others haven't reported before me.
That actually hurt the most, those possible fixes xD I really thought it would work after all the patches, but than it crashed when I was actually ingame
ohmy.gif

Hurry up M3 team
biggrin.gif

5thinline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dries said:
Skyline969 said:
dries said:

wink.gif
That actually hurt the most, those possible fixes xD I really thought it would work after all the patches, but than it crashed when I was actually ingame
ohmy.gif

Hurry up M3 team
biggrin.gif

I posted a way around the M3 incompatibility issue back on page 17 but i dont think anyone even looked at it. it works, just requires a little googling...
wink.gif

heres a link to the thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146856

you can convert ysmenu to a nds file then simply run it then run msds from ysmenu

(keep in mind, i only tried this with my M3DS Simply so i make no guarentees it will work on other cards)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
5thinline said:
(keep in mind, i only tried this with my M3DS Simply so i make no guarentees it will work on other cards)

I'm not sure that YSMenu will run on anything except the M3 Simply as it's a rebranded R4.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:
5thinline said:

I'm not sure that YSMenu will run on anything except the M3 Simply as it's a rebranded R4.
Ysmenu can run on several cards, I think what he is saying is it won't work on M3 Real or M3i Zero.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
5thinline said:

Ysmenu can run on several cards, I think what he is saying is it won't work on M3 Real or M3i Zero.

lol That's what I meant as well. The only M3 it will run on is the M3 Simply cos it's a rebranded R4. I probably could have put it better but I've just woken up.

dries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So it doesn't work on an M3DS Real? Just checkin:)

I read the part above here, someone said it didn't work on M3DS Real, is it really that different from the M3 Simply...? It's both M3.. I'd really like to play Maplestory on the DS, but if they don't make a firmware update soon, Í'm gonna have to find a different way to run it!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
dries said:

I read the part above here, someone said it didn't work on M3DS Real, is it really that different from the M3 Simply...? It's both M3.. I'd really like to play Maplestory on the DS, but if they don't make a firmware update soon, Í'm gonna have to fun a different way to run it!

Yes they really are that different. You say it's both M3 but using that same logic PS3 games should run on the PS2. The hardware is different between the Real and the Simply which stops YSMenu from working on it properly.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dries said:

I read the part above here, someone said it didn't work on M3DS Real, is it really that different from the M3 Simply...? It's both M3.. I'd really like to play Maplestory on the DS, but if they don't make a firmware update soon, Í'm gonna have to fun a different way to run it!
It doesn't work on M3 Real, Itouch, Itouch2, M3i Zero. ect. It only works on M3 Simply because M3 Simply pretty much is the same as R4 and uses the same firmwares it can.
Right now all users of later M3 Projects will have to wait for a firmware update to play it.
EDIT: TrolleyDave got there before me.

5thinline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
5thinline said:

ok, thanks for clearing that up. i've never used anything other than M3DS Simply and cycloDS so i wasnt sure. just tryin' to be helpful

dries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And no one here has any inside information on how far the makers are with the new patch? Guess not...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dries said:

It doesn't work on M3 Real, Itouch, Itouch2, M3i Zero. ect. It only works on M3 Simply because M3 Simply pretty much is the same as R4 and uses the same firmwares it can.
Right now all users of later M3 Projects will have to wait for a firmware update to play it.
EDIT: TrolleyDave got there before me.
was gonna type in saying M3DSS isnt from M3 but i google'd it up and was pretty surprised.I would've thought M3 would support that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.