Homebrew MapleIRC [Homebrew]

titegtnodI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some people wanted an IRC client, this is alpha quality but it's usable and pretty stable. I'll be releasing the source later, maybe after it's more complete. Configure it just by editing mapleIRC.settings.

MapleIRCpreview.png

Controls
  • A - Open keyboard
  • R - Reconnect
  • START - Exit
ToDo (B is for beta release / strikeout is completed but not released)
  • Colour support for backlog
  • Scrolling through backlog {b}
  • User list {b}
  • Multiple channel support
  • Check if actually connected to the Internet
  • Highlights / pings
  • GUI for settings
  • Nicer keyboard
  • ACTION support {b}
  • Clean up code
  • Put config and log in /3ds/mapleIRC {b}
  • Multi-line text sending {b}
  • Display actual NICK instead of mapleIRC {b}
  • / commands
Credits
  • Anyone who's helped out with ctrulib
  • insaneKane - The base code for textstuff
  • titegtnodI - MapleIRC

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How should the settings file be set up? I'm trying to connect to #3dsdev on freenode so my settings file looks like
Code:
irc.freenode.net;8001;#3dsdev;CalebW
I got the address and port number from my xchat settings but when I try to connect it just hangs at "Connecting to server"(I did manage to connect to the default server though)

titegtnodI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How should the settings file be set up? I'm trying to connect to #3dsdev on freenode so my settings file looks like
Code:
irc.freenode.net;8001;#3dsdev;CalebW
I got the address and port number from my xchat settings but when I try to connect it just hangs at "Connecting to server"(I did manage to connect to the default server though)

I'm confused did it connect or hang? Try connecting to a specific server, I think irc.freenode.net is just a round robin. Your settings file looks nice. Tbh I haven't tested the client on FreeNode, only Efnet.

Edit: Oh so it only hangs on FreeNode? You could wait a little longer and see if it times out, or try a specific FreeNode server.

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused did it connect or hang? Try connecting to a specific server, I think irc.freenode.net is just a round robin. Your settings file looks nice. Tbh I haven't tested the client on FreeNode, only Efnet.

Edit: Oh so it only hangs on FreeNode? You could wait a little longer and see if it times out, or try a specific FreeNode server.
ok, but how do I find out what port to use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn