ROM Hack Question Manually change a switch console serial number?

Smythius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While setting up a second Micro SD card for my switch I accidently wiped my Consoles serial info. on the sysnand and not the emunand so it now reads XAW00000000000 when I launch the stock FW. Because of this my switch will not connect to any servers. I believe I did this via Incognito and have a backup of the emunand but not quite sure how to use it. I also have another spare switch that I may be able to create a backup from a working sysnand if there is a way anyone knows of to manually edit the consoles serial or if the backup can be modified to my original serial and then restored. ANY help is greatly appreciated.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Incognito modidy the prodinfo. You will need a sysnand back-up to restore the sysnand. Other back-up won't work.
And never use a back-up from a console into a different one.

Smythius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an emunand prodinfo back-up. there's no way to rename or edit this file to be used if I know my console's original serial number can I manually edit it somehow?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If we could do that, nobody would have to worry about being banned. The best you can hope for is to restore the original SN from a backup.

Reactions: KiiWii

Smythius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your emunand has the correct serial number then you can definitely copy that prodinfo to sysnand to fix it.

I have a file in my atmosphere backup that is titled with my consoles serial “XAW1005742xxxx_PRODINFO.bin” can someone tell me how I would use this to restore my console serial number please an thank you.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Smythius

Smythius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I get an error that Incognito_RCM needs to be updated or something about new firmware... It's version 0.6.1 and I'm on 11.0.1. Should be up to date. My two files are "XAW1005742XXXX_PRODINFO.bin" and "XAW1005742XXXX_BISKEYS" from my atmosphere backup folder. I am having the same issue of my system serial reading XAW000000... and can't seem to get a restore to work.. Does the file need to be renamed to something else? I haven't got a response on that thread.

aruto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I get an error that Incognito_RCM needs to be updated or something about new firmware... It's version 0.6.1 and I'm on 11.0.1. Should be up to date. My two files are "XAW1005742XXXX_PRODINFO.bin" and "XAW1005742XXXX_BISKEYS" from my atmosphere backup folder. I am having the same issue of my system serial reading XAW000000... and can't seem to get a restore to work.. Does the file need to be renamed to something else? I haven't got a response on that thread.

Have you tried making a nand backup, transfer backup to pc, opening that backup in nxnandmanager, restore your prodinfo backup to the nand backup using your biskeys? that way you won't have to deal with incognito_rcm. you will just restore it to your sysnand using hekate

Smythius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried making a nand backup, transfer backup to pc, opening that backup in nxnandmanager, restore your prodinfo backup to the nand backup using your biskeys? that way you won't have to deal with incognito_rcm. you will just restore it to your sysnand using hekate

I have not because I am unsure of the exact process but that sounds like what I need to do. If someone can walk me thru it and get my console to have a serial again I’ll happily shoot them $40 via PayPal

aruto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have not because I am unsure of the exact process but that sounds like what I need to do. If someone can walk me thru it and get my console to have a serial again I’ll happily shoot them $40 via PayPal
I can help you with that, if you can message me I can tell you what to do step by step.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just rename the file.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 switches. One for the kids and one mine. One is banned. Can I copy the nand from my legit switch over to my banned switch??

I don't want to put the serials in here because Nintendo would obviously notice that. But I'm thinking I'd probably get away with it one time and didn't post any serial public??

I'm thinking update to the latest fw via homebrew and block using 90dns? Then just play the legit games off 1 SD card (emulated nand).

Or restore the sysnand from the other switch?? Ive seen on here this may cause a brick... Is. This due to subtle hardware changes? Or is this the case even if both switches are identical??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have 2 switches. One for the kids and one mine. One is banned. Can I copy the nand from my legit switch over to my banned switch??

I don't want to put the serials in here because Nintendo would obviously notice that. But I'm thinking I'd probably get away with it one time and didn't post any serial public??

I'm thinking update to the latest fw via homebrew and block using 90dns? Then just play the legit games off 1 SD card (emulated nand).

Or restore the sysnand from the other switch?? Ive seen on here this may cause a brick... Is. This due to subtle hardware changes? Or is this the case even if both switches are identical??

Doing it from emulated nand would be a pain as is need to manually do it each time.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an emunand prodinfo back-up. there's no way to rename or edit this file to be used if I know my console's original serial number can I manually edit it somehow?
No..... But if it's an emunand backup then your sysnand serial should still be in tact? What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Have you deleted your serial and need to restore? There are ways of doing that.

But if you're simply after using another serial number on your switch that's not going to work... Or I have seen it working using exosphere (and it's really extensive hacking)... Plus it ultimately ends up with both switches being banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: