Mangas are fuckin' great!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, somehow for the past week, I'm overwhelmed by mangas, all are scanlations, and I ended up buying 11 volumes of Mahou Sensei Negima in one trip to a bookstore, I mean, there's 30% discount for all tems and all, but yeah, mangas sure are great.

The past week reading scanlations, starting with Mahou Sensei Negima first, my friend told me it's pretty good, Ken Akamatsu's project, what else can you ask for? Moar mangas that is! Yep, after I got my hands on Negima (until the latest chapter) I started reading Love Hina, Ken Akamatsu's other project. After I got that however I'm starting to think: What other mangas can be as great as these? So I started using the search engine, with those options ticked:

1. Comedy
2. Shounen[
3. Romance
4. School-life
5. Ecchi (yes, ecchi. What? I'm already 17, and it's 18 in one month, it's normal, besides, it's ecchi like and Love Hina, not "mature".....)

And I ended up reading a whole pile of mangas, all of them are made of pure fun, seriously, maybe because the "Comedy" option is ticked. (for most of them)

I read those mangas after read the above 2:
1. Bleach (actually doesn't really attract me, it's just I think I wanna give it one more chance, started off from Ichigo went to some place with French names)

2. Naruto (I forgot when is the last time I read this one, I started off from Naruto finally mastered the Senjutsu)

3. DearS (the comedy isn't that great)

4. Hanaukyo Maid Team (the scanlators stopped, seeing it's licensed by Tokyopop or Dark Horse or something like that, the comedy is powerful at a point, and is bland at some points)

5. Happy World (finished it today, romance ecchi and school life joint forces, heh with some action mixed in too)

6. Until Death Do Us Part (kinda like Neo in the Matrix world, the guy sees everything in grids, supported by some geek with the craziest technology in hand, and the girl can see the future, best of all? The guy kicks ALOT of ass! What with I saw a "SQUARE ENIX" logo in the few first pages.... Also, this one was found not qwith search engine, but via "top viewed mangas" list)

7. Midori no Hibi (LoL ALL THE TIME, both in Anime and Manga, well I've read the first volume and a few episodes since my friend downloaded them, not only online read, didn't finish it though, save the laughter for the last)

8. Forbidden Weddings (kinda... too fast and too ero ecchi?)

9. Kanokon (reading it right now, with that Until Death stuff, linear and straightforward, looks like fun)

10. Kage Kara Mamoru (unfinished, licensed, bleah, but the comdey sure are decent)

11. Fate/Stay Night (till the last chapter, I'm surprised this one is actually Visual Novel made into game and manga, and to find out the original is a hentai one, I mean, how can there be hentai in this full of battle stuff? Also, I'm reading the visual novel right now at my DS, but maybe I'll skip it, manga is much faster and easier to understand)

12. Toradora! (sometimes I smirked but then nothing happened)

13. Watching TV All the Time makes you Stupid (looks like things from 1985, though, and is kinda confusing.... 20 pages, my God)

I'm pretty sure I've read moar, but boy, that's a lot of stuff now that I've compiled it... heh =D

I even almost gonna skip a class, turns out there actually is no class that day, I'm saved.. heh >.<

I can't believe there're works of art these days, I'm gonna buy the whole set of Love Hina and Negima and someday tell my kids "You gotta read these stuff"
biggrin.gif
after they're 15 of course...

But really, mangas are the best, no more comics for me, especially Indonesian comics, bastards never knew what it needs to actually "sell", always about "pray to God" "God help us" and stuff, dude, I'm trying to have fun, don't shove Tragedy (required to give you moral and "God help us" element) to me, give me comedy!

American comics? Not my taste, thanks.....

Heh, I'll be sure to hunt for more scanlations, mangas are great, but being in English gives it 90/100, the last 10 is 5 for story 3 for graphics, 2 for being funny, other than that won't bother me
smile.gif

So, folks, it's Manga for this year's Christmas!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
In my opinion, Bleach fails. It just doesn't manage to keep my attention, and it's just basically fight-fight-fight, save a certain character from the bad guys, fight fight fight, save the next character, etc.

As far as Naruto goes, I hated it as a whole. It was alright at the beginning, but the plot started "dumbing down" as it progressed. Shippuden seems alright so far.

If you want some recommendations, I'd suggest:

Chobits
Claymore
Death Note

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Aw..... fuck Death Note =D I've already seen the ending, Killer dies, as predicted, besides, the graphics are ain't my style, somehow, I like.... erm... what's the word? Cute designs.. there... I've said it.

Bleach actually failed for me too, it's too bland, and after this last chapter (337, as far as this brain remember) I'm not reading again.

Naruto doesn't really fail IMO, Shippuden is great, I like battles, exciting ones that is
smile.gif

Chobits, eh? I've read a few chapters before, forgot about it though lol, Claymore.... Claymore... is it that good? It's one of those top 50 viewed mangas, but from the ads in one of my mangas, it doesn't really suite my style, the graphics and the story, isn't it basically a female Alucard trying to kill her pure-kin?

Have you got COmedy mangas? Not like Chibi-Maruko-Chan or the like, I beg of you, those are epic fails lol.

Btw, I'm surprised someone actually scanlates Doraemon original, what the hell are they thinking?

f00had

Trophies
XP
Country
You should read Great Teacher Onizuka, it's a comedy about this dude who becomes a teacher. It's a bit predictable but still really funny and awesome.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
GTO eh? Well, I've watched the video, and... well, it's suffice to say live-action shits aren't that good, so yeah, it burnt an image about GTO.

Also, what's Yotsuba about?

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Aw..... fuck Death Note =D I've already seen the ending, Killer dies, as predicted, besides, the graphics are ain't my style, somehow, I like.... erm... what's the word? Cute designs.. there... I've said it.

Bleach actually failed for me too, it's too bland, and after this last chapter (337, as far as this brain remember) I'm not reading again.

Naruto doesn't really fail IMO, Shippuden is great, I like battles, exciting ones that is
smile.gif

Chobits, eh? I've read a few chapters before, forgot about it though lol, Claymore.... Claymore... is it that good? It's one of those top 50 viewed mangas, but from the ads in one of my mangas, it doesn't really suite my style, the graphics and the story, isn't it basically a female Alucard trying to kill her pure-kin?

Have you got COmedy mangas? Not like Chibi-Maruko-Chan or the like, I beg of you, those are epic fails lol.

Btw, I'm surprised someone actually scanlates Doraemon original, what the hell are they thinking?
I hated the ending for death note =[. You should try once piece.

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1. Bleach (actually doesn't really attract me, it's just I think I wanna give it one more chance, started off from Ichigo went to some place with French names)
LMAO, if you mean Hueco Mundo, its Spanish and 100% NOT french

QUOTE5. Ecchi (yes, ecchi. What? I'm already 17, and it's 18 in one month, it's normal, besides, it's ecchi like and Love Hina, not "mature".....)
I suggest you read Futari Ecchi (By Katsu Aki)
or if you are looking for an english verion it is called "Manga Sutra" by Tokyopop.
I love it.
Its Ecchi + Comedy all in one!

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
welcome to the wonderful world of manga/anime! now u'll never be free!! muahahahha
my friends hooked me in gr.11 (about 2 yrs ago) with this awesome manga called ichigo 100%. from there, i've went from watchin/read ecchi, comedy, action, hell anything! (except yaoi >.>)
my latest craze is yuri rite now
tongue.gif

some good yuri: strawberry panic, maria-sama ga miteru (think i spelt that wrong), & kannazuki no miko

enjoy
grog.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kodomo No Jikan
No Bra
Girls Saurus/DX
To-Love-Ru
^Read dem. Love hina is still better, but they rock.
One piece is awesome too.
And Adventure Boys.
Neon Genesis Evangalion is ok, try to find some Trigun if you can.

More recc.s later.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
read
Detroit Metal City (GO TO DMC GO TO DMC GO TO DMC GO TO DMC GO TO DMC GO TO DMC)
Yotsuba&! (one of 4chans mascot made of lulz)
Love Roma (Dude is made of pure win)
BECK (Maho is possibly the best looking realistic female in all manga)
One Piece (LOLFIGHTAN)
Fruits Basket (LOLZODIAC)
Ichigo 100% ( should read this if you like harem-esque manga, its pretty high up there for harem)
Angel Densetsu (HELL YEAH MAFIA)
Great Teacher Onizuka (HELL YEAH ONIZUKA)

One piece, Yotsuba&! and BECK are still ongoing but for one piece enjoy reading 30+ volumes. same goes wit BECK however BECK is on its last volume now, waiting to be scanlated by phase3. Yotsuba&! only has 6 or 7 but is well worth the read if you like comedy

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
webyugioh said:
LMAO, if you mean Hueco Mundo, its Spanish and 100% NOT french
Well lol IDK, I know it's El xxx but I frogt which one uses it, French uses "la" not "el" or was it Italian? I know I'm wrong though

Raiyu245 said:
You should read Blazer Drive ftw. It's made by Kishimoto's brother. (The guy that makes Naruto.)
Really? It's good? What's it about?

QUOTE(mishra @ Dec 8 2008, 04:54 PM)
read
Detroit Metal City (GO TO DMC GO TO DMC GO TO DMC GO TO DMC GO TO DMC GO TO DMC)
Yotsuba&! (one of 4chans mascot made of lulz)
Love Roma (Dude is made of pure win)
BECK (Maho is possibly the best looking realistic female in all manga)
One Piece (LOLFIGHTAN)
Fruits Basket (LOLZODIAC)
Ichigo 100% ( should read this if you like harem-esque manga, its pretty high up there for harem)
Angel Densetsu (HELL YEAH MAFIA)
Great Teacher Onizuka (HELL YEAH ONIZUKA)

One piece, Yotsuba&! and BECK are still ongoing but for one piece enjoy reading 30+ volumes. same goes wit BECK however BECK is on its last volume now, waiting to be scanlated by phase3. Yotsuba&! only has 6 or 7 but is well worth the read if you like comedy
That's lots of suggestions, I'll try one, still reading Until Death Do Us Part now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7