Homebrew Mame sdl unofficially updated

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Gents,

I recently setup SDL Mame v1.0 on two of my Wii's (one is mine the other is my kids)
- SDL Mame Wii v1.0 works perfect on Wii 1
- SDL Mame Wii v1.0 gets the following error on Wii 2

"No games found. Please check the rompath specified in the mame.ini file.
If this is your first time using MAME, please see the config.txt file in the docs directory for the information on configuring MAME"
"Exit"
-please note that I am NOT able to hit 1 or 2 to confirm the command Exit. I must walk up to the Wii and hardcode shutdown.

Please note, my 12 rom files ARE in sd:\mame\roms\*.*
I really have no idea why this is happening and I don't know how to fix it. Work done so far:
- deleted on Wii 2, the Wii that is failing: sd:\apps\sdlmamewii sd:\mame , then recopy all those folders from my working download and recopy my roms into sd:\mame\roms , no dice.
- swapped my working Wii 1 SD card and put that into non-working Wii 2 SD slot. No Dice, weired, this proves that the problem is NOTHING to do with the code on the SD card. I MUST be an issue with the mod code on Wii 2. I think I need to remode Wii 2 from Cradle to Grave.
- Go into sd:\mame\mame.ini and change "rompath roms" to "rompath sd:/mame/roms" . No dice
- Run SysCheck2 on both Wii's and compare there outputs in Excel. Identical SysChecks except the version of MIOS, so I upgraded Wii 2 to DIOS MIOS V2.0.wad . No dice, still have the same error in SDL Mame Wii v1.0
- Remod the entire Wii from cradle to grave using WINMOD , rebooting between batch wad installs as I find that does a better install.
NO DICE, I am still not able to run SDL Mame Wii v1.0 Man, this sucks!

Any ideas gents ?

Sd card in Wii 1 is Kingston 8GB sdhc class 4
Sd card in Wii 2 is Kingston 4GB sdhc class 4
Note, I KNOW the issue is not because if the SD card on Wii 2 as I placed the Sd card from Wii 1 into Wii 2 and I have the identical error. Hum, strange issue.

Anyone have some suggestions ? I really really really love Mame, especially on the Wii. I programmed Battlezone to use the two joysticks on the GC remote for forward and back per track. It has that real "tank" feel and it's tonnes of fun!

EDIT:
Ugg, I found out the problem. I had an old usb:\mame and usb:\mame\rom directory. I nuked it and all are fine.

Simsons works fine
a number of the other roms are getting "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game"

I think I read somewhere that, this is because I might be lacking some of the BIOS rom files or CHD files that would go with the original ROM files. I am pulling my ROM images from an older MAME Cd that I own (it's designed for XP), so I will see if there are BIOS rom images files in there and CHD files as well. Just hope that I don't need to insert these into the zip files of each game. I am hoping I can just drop these into the ROMS folder :)

EDIT2:
All is fine now, just had to replace my roms. These old coin-op games are Dope!

Does anyone know how to get the Wii pointer to work much better in Missile Command ? I have been playing with the sensitivity and speed and such but... it's operation is poor. Any ideas ? It's really the first time I have every played an old school game where the pointer Wii remote was totally ideal!

Is there a key combination to exit out of the new SDL Wii Mame 1.0 ? Right now I am hardbooting each time. Do able, but... I have to walk up to the Wii each time. Ugg, I get me exercise with a daily 15 minute walk, not fiddling with the Wii :)
FIXED, to exit the Emulator just hold Coin and Start, then scroll to bottom and choose Exit

Helltech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tstwitter, I'm getting the same error you had with the "roms not found", however I don't have file in my usb drive like you did. The roms should be in zip folders correct?

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Frigg, wish gbatemp.net would email me when someone comments on a thread I have commented on before. Oh well.
Um, your roms go into

sd:\mame\roms

and YES they should stay in there original zip formats. Toadking has a nice list of working roms, via the wiibrew.org site. This new version of SDL Mame for the Wii is freeken awesome! It seems to support a tonne of roms now and there is almost zero wait load time. It's all very very good. I would start with your older roms FIRST like Galaga, Elevator Action, 1942 to ensure your Mame setup is working well, then work your way up :)

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Mark D.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Gents,

I recently setup SDL Mame v1.0 on two of my Wii's (one is mine the other is my kids)

If this is your first time using MAME, please see the config.txt file in the docs directory for the information on configuring MAME"
"Exit"
-please note that I am NOT able to hit 1 or 2 to confirm the command Exit. I must walk up to the Wii and hardcode shutdown.

I really have no idea why this is happening and I don't know how to fix it. Work done so far:
- deleted on Wii 2, the Wii that is failing: sd:\apps\sdlmamewii sd:\mame , then recopy all those folders from my working download and recopy my roms into sd:\mame\roms , no dice.
- swapped my working Wii 1 SD card and put that into non-working Wii 2 SD slot. No Dice, weired, this proves that the problem is NOTHING to do with the code on the SD card. I MUST be an issue with the mod code on Wii 2. I think I need to remode Wii 2 from Cradle to Grave.
- Go into sd:\mame\mame.ini and change "rompath roms" to "rompath sd:/mame/roms" . No dice
- Run SysCheck2 on both Wii's and compare there outputs in Excel. Identical SysChecks except the version of MIOS, so I upgraded Wii 2 to DIOS MIOS V2.0.wad . No dice, still have the same error in SDL Mame Wii v1.0
- Remod the entire Wii from cradle to grave using WINMOD , rebooting between batch wad installs as I find that does a better install.

Any ideas gents ?

Note, I KNOW the issue is not because if the SD card on Wii 2 as I placed the Sd card from Wii 1 into Wii 2 and I have the identical error. Hum, strange issue.

Anyone have some suggestions ? I really really really love Mame, especially on the Wii. I programmed Battlezone to use the two joysticks on the GC remote for forward and back per track. It has that real "tank" feel and it's tonnes of fun!

EDIT:
Ugg, I found out the problem. I had an old usb:\mame and usb:\mame\rom directory. I nuked it and all are fine.

Simsons works fine
a number of the other roms are getting "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game"

I think I read somewhere that, this is because I might be lacking some of the BIOS rom files or CHD files that would go with the original ROM files. I am pulling my ROM images from an older MAME Cd that I own (it's designed for XP), so I will see if there are BIOS rom images files in there and CHD files as well. Just hope that I don't need to insert these into the zip files of each game. I am hoping I can just drop these into the ROMS folder :)

EDIT2:

Does anyone know how to get the Wii pointer to work much better in Missile Command ? I have been playing with the sensitivity and speed and such but... it's operation is poor. Any ideas ? It's really the first time I have every played an old school game where the pointer Wii remote was totally ideal!

Is there a key combination to exit out of the new SDL Wii Mame 1.0 ? Right now I am hardbooting each time. Do able, but... I have to walk up to the Wii each time. Ugg, I get me exercise with a daily 15 minute walk, not fiddling with the Wii :)
FIXED, to exit the Emulator just hold Coin and Start, then scroll to bottom and choose Exit
hey boss im having these problems currently on my wii in ur (EDIT:Ugg, I found out the problem. I had an old usb:\mame and usb:\mame\rom directory. I nuked it and all are fine.) where exactly can i locate my old usb:\mame and usb:\mame\rom directory cause i tried everything else

PollyBonanzas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. New to the forums. I have v1.0 of MAME for Wii, and all of the roms I have work fine, but I'm having a problem getting Bucky O'Hare to work. When I click it, it loads, but then kicks me out to the Homebrew Channel. Is this problem fixable? And is there a way to get Ninja Baseball Bat Man working on this emulator also? If so, this emulator will be 100% perfect for me.

truelovetat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. New to the forums. I have v1.0 of MAME for Wii, and all of the roms I have work fine, but I'm having a problem getting Bucky O'Hare to work. When I click it, it loads, but then kicks me out to the Homebrew Channel. Is this problem fixable? And is there a way to get Ninja Baseball Bat Man working on this emulator also? If so, this emulator will be 100% perfect for me.

I'm positive Bucky O Hare does not work. It was one of the games I did not get working. But now you mention it, I'm gonna get a copy and try it out.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't bother with Bucky O Hare and west west COW Boys of moo mesa... i have tried those on each version of this... and it does not work... and when does IREM type games work on this? it would be cool if HOOK worked on this.

Alexis77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hello Gents,

"Exit"

Any ideas gents ?

EDIT:

Simsons works fine

EDIT2:

I have the same problem like u with your wii 2, on my wii u ''vwii mode''.
Do u have an idea where can i find appropriate roms to replace mine?
I had loaded SDL Mame Wii v1.0 also and i had the same error with no able to use the control.
What can i do?

Alexis77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
tstwitter, I'm getting the same error you had with the "roms not found", however I don't have file in my usb drive like you did. The roms should be in zip folders correct?

Do u find any solution to this problem?
Cause i have exactly the same problem.
Can u help me?

Alexis77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thank you, but isn't that the old 2011 release that can be found on WiiBrew?

I was looking for the updated beta that was being discussed in this forum.

i think so but is mame Wii 1.0. There is another one since 2012 but is sdlmame 0.6

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think so but is mame Wii 1.0. There is another one since 2012 but is sdlmame 0.6

Alright, that is what I am looking for is SDL Mame.

As for finding roms that work with it, it seems pretty much hit and miss. I've just had to test what I have by trial and error, then if MAME says files are missing, I try to locate them and add them to the zip's.

Alexis77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Alright, that is what I am looking for is SDL Mame.

As for finding roms that work with it, it seems pretty much hit and miss. I've just had to test what I have by trial and error, then if MAME says files are missing, I try to locate them and add them to the zip's.

Sdl mame is on wii emulators homebrew downloads

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...