MAME Emulation on Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mikeyt1998, May 8, 2015.

1. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    Hey guys, I recall being able to use MAME on a Wii, in fact, I built and Arcade Machine with a Wii Console being the base for emulating the machines (although it was very limited support).

I can't remember for the life of me which emulator I used, possibly SDL MAME Wii?

Just wondering what the best, and or latest release of any MAME Wii version there is out there? Not sure how up to date the Wiibrew page is but the last update claims to be 13th December 2011, quite a ways back!

Anyways, that'd be great if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'm hoping to make a video of the build process of the cabinet just for fun, might give people an insight into how the machine was crafted etc!

Thanks!

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  3. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    migles You mean the one by Toad King? I'll give it a try, have another video to make first then I'll see what I can do with this beat up DIY arcade machine that hasn't been cleaned for about 4 years ahahaha

Thanks!

4. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    From the Lakes ehh, just round the corner really! (sort of)

Have a gander at RetroArch Wii for arcade games, it runs Final Burn Alpha, and rather well too, with pretty much all CPS1 & 2, most Neo Geo, and loads of other arcade games... sure it's not MAME, and no you shouldn't completely forget about SDL Mame Wii as it runs a selection of games FBA can't, but it's more than worth a look! (do remember you'll need the correct Final Burn romset for it though)