Making ROM dumps?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Linkiboy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    Sorry if I made anyone upset, i was a little ticked after something that happened earlier today. Thnx 4 response. But there's other ppl in this thread that asked before me, they should be responded to. Sorry everyone. I'll stay away from the net when i'm upset.

2. -EX-

-EX- Racer

Banned
    Aug 16, 2006
    Tokyo
    Can you give me a link to app that will work on SC mini SD?

3. dvdkiller

dvdkiller Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2006
    hello everybody
    is there someone of you
    who can confirm to me , if it s possible to dump from supercard lite with microsd
    because when i try with wrg dumper
    the homebrew ask : cant find storage card
    is it because wrg dumper have the fat library for compact flash and not for sd card

and do you think the team who made wrg dumper will make a version of it fully fonctional with sd card
    thx for your response
    and have a nice day

Edit : forget my question
    the answer arrived before i finish my post

4. repukken

repukken Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2006
    United States
    I did a lot reading and unfortunately, I'm gonna have to come out and ask people for help. I've been trying to dump my own DS game with WRG NDS-GBA Dumper 1.4, but with no luck.

I flashed the dumper file onto Xtreme Flasher 512MB flashcart as well as a Advance Flash pro 256MB, but when I try to boot the dumper, it just hangs with a white screen.

Then I figured I try putting the dumper file onto my GBAMP v2 CF and see if I run it through there, same thing would happen.

Then I figured I try a different loader, so I ended up using GBAMP Multiboot loader and when I tried to run the file, it actual got further but not too far. It would get me to the boot screen but it would say

SuperCard-CF InterfaceGBA-Booter for GBAMP MultiBoot

Preparing /WRG-DU~1.GBA
    File open error
    Error reading /WRG-DU~1.GBA

and then it would halt from here. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or if I just need to purchase a M3 or SuperCard to make this Dumper work. Any help right now would be much appreciated.

5. teonintyfive

teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    Greece
    Greece, Somewhere in Macedonia
  6. Wuschmaster

Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2006
    United States
    That one does not work with Pokémon D/P. After it asks me to reinsert the game, it always says it can't find the card header or something. What's wrong? I tried with a flashed DS and with an unflashed DS with a PassKey. All other games work.

7. WunSick

WunSick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    United States
    Denver, Colorado
    As far as i know, there is no method to dumping a DS cart, using a supercard SD.

but if im wrong, please prove me wrong.

8. Vidnez

Vidnez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2006
    I tried to dump my games with the g6 dumper and a G6 lite with no luck. The program create the image but the cheksum of the file isn't the correct. Any idea?

My DSL is flashed

9. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    Your best bet is to use either a GBAMP CF (requires GBA flash cart to run the app initially) or an old Supercard.