• Poll closed .

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come? I just got the v2 amiiqo and don't see any issues so far

I think he's referring to pressing the button and scanning every time you want to change an Amiibo. It can hold up to 200, but having to do that 200 times just for the last one in the list would really make me not even bother using it and just play the game. I know you can change their position, ect, but this is just an extreme case example.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he's referring to pressing the button and scanning every time you want to change an Amiibo. It can hold up to 200, but having to do that 200 times just for the last one in the list would really make me not even bother using it and just play the game. I know you can change their position, ect, but this is just an extreme case example.
i see your point. but if you just keep your android phone near by its easy and there wouldnt be much need for more then 10 amiibos at one time. but just my opinion tho

hama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n2elite USB writer work with NTAG215s or not?

amiiqo-USB-platform-n2elite.jpg

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
n2elite USB writer work with NTAG215s or not?

amiiqo-USB-platform-n2elite.jpg
Once a blank NTAG215 tag has been written with amiibo data, it will be indistingishable from a real amiibo tag, since real amiibo tags are NTAG215s.

Not sure if this USB writer can write to blank tags, though.

Reactions: hama

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if it is possible to fully write-protect a NTAG215 so its data (name, Smash moves, etc) cannot be overwritten anymore, but still act as an amiibo and be usable in Smash?

Last edited by Nephiel, , Reason: double post

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone know if it is possible to fully write-protect a NTAG215 so its data (name, Smash moves, etc) cannot be overwritten anymore, but still act as an amiibo and be usable in Smash?
I asked this before and they told me that you can manage it like an amiibo, you can clear the save and use it ...
but I haven't teste myself

Reactions: hama

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh this ... well I don't know o-o maybe on wiiu/3ds amiibo management stuff?
No, you can erase the data from there, but not protect it.

We know that part of the data written to a blank tag (such as the ID) needs to be locked and read-only for the console to recognize the tag as an amiibo. I wonder if there is a way to make all of it read-only.

Retroman957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking at NTAG215 tags online right now and they are listed as 504 bytes of storage while the amiibo bin files are 540. Any chance the tag would work or would i need one with more storage? And if so would anyone one know where i could buy one that would work with this.

Edit: Here is the tag i was talking about. http://www.shopnfc.it/en/nfc-stickers/132-nfc-stickers-ntag215.html
-Thanks

Last edited by Retroman957,

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at NTAG215 tags online right now and they are listed as 504 bytes of storage while the amiibo bin files are 540. Any chance the tag would work or would i need one with more storage? And if so would anyone one know where i could buy one that would work with this.

Edit: Here is the tag i was talking about. http://www.shopnfc.it/en/nfc-stickers/132-nfc-stickers-ntag215.html
-Thanks
There are 540 total bytes. 504 are available for usable data. the dumps are a full copy of all data on the tag

Last edited by skalienx,

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can Someone help me?
I've just got my NFC Tags and I want to rewrite them and got THIS error:

Ready! Choose an action from menu.
Have retail locked keys: true
Have retail unfixed keys: true
Loaded tag file.
Current mode: NFC Write Auto
Place phone on the (blank) tag.
Tag detected..
Error: Error while writing main data (stage 1)
java.io.IOException: Transceive failed

monkey69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this thread with great interest and finally got some NTAG 215 PVC cards (Thanks, skalienx, they came today!). So, after I write the card with Tagmo, I can't read them with Tagmo, amiiwrite, or Tag Info. It's a minor thing, because they work great with the 3DS, it's just that it'd be neat to be able to read the data. Has anybody run into this?

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this thread with great interest and finally got some NTAG 215 PVC cards (Thanks, skalienx, they came today!). So, after I write the card with Tagmo, I can't read them with Tagmo, amiiwrite, or Tag Info. It's a minor thing, because they work great with the 3DS, it's just that it'd be neat to be able to read the data. Has anybody run into this?
Glad to be of service. Let me know if you (or anyone for that matter) need any more. Perhaps we can deal direct and I won't have to pay ebay's seller fees and can give a better deal.

I haven't tried to read them after writing but I'll try when I get home later.

-update-
Well, I wrote bin to tag then scanned with nxp taginfo and it read it no problem. I'll use the tag later and see if it still reads it after it has been registeted to a user.

Last edited by skalienx,

monkey69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to be of service. Let me know if you (or anyone for that matter) need any more. Perhaps we can deal direct and I won't have to pay ebay's seller fees and can give a better deal.

I haven't tried to read them after writing but I'll try when I get home later.

-update-
Well, I wrote bin to tag then scanned with nxp taginfo and it read it no problem. I'll use the tag later and see if it still reads it after it has been registeted to a user.

Finally got some burned tags to read. For some reason, it seems the position under the phone is much more sensitive than with the blank tags. Weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wut?