Making a whole new wii menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tgrokz, Apr 23, 2009.

Apr 23, 2009

Making a whole new wii menu by Tgrokz at 8:52 AM (994 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Tgrokz
    OP

Newcomer Tgrokz Member

United States
    i was thinking about the possibilities of having preloader boot a dol that's an alternative system menu. essentially, it would be a universal usb-loader, backup loader, GC backup loader program, but i was curious if you could have the program also display/play your VC content and maybe access the wii's system settings, making it a fully functional alternative home screen.
    i have no idea if it's even possible. i have no real experience coding anything like this. im just bored

2. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    This is certainly possible. But it will require really much time and effort in order to be stable, good-looking and fully functional.
    Instead of going the preloader route, I think any potential developer of such an ambitious project should wait for BootMii, which gives the applications much more control than preloader does, because it's independent of Nintendo's IOS.

3. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
  4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland

And again [​IMG] ...Crediar is working on Something like that...this was posted several times...I'm wondering why so less people saw this...

Looks like it can display/play your VC content...and it's in an early stage...anyways, don't get your hopes on Forsaekns cSSM...I think it's dead...

5. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    I think Fors is waiting for Bootmii

6. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hmm, i mentioned this project awhile back on here and got flamed like hell on here, No i'm not sure what its intentions are, But it looks like a great start to me,