Make Album icon open another app

F-l-a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, first time writing here, so I hope this is the right place.
I want to open NXGallery.nro (placed as normal in the switch folder) when clicking on the album icon. I know some homebrew (such as NX Activity Log or Edizon) can replace myPage using layeredFS, but I don't know how to replicate the process with PhotoViewer (Album applet)

Edit: spelling

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
My approach would be to move/copy the nxgallery.nro to the root of the sd, rename it to hbmenu.nro and then launch the album. By default this file will be loaded in the album if it is not changed in the hekate toolbox for example and you start the cfw for the very first time on your console. Correct me if i'm wrong.

F-l-a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My approach would be to move/copy the nxgallery.nro to the root of the sd, rename it to hbmenu.nro and then launch the album.
Thanks, it works. but not as intended. doing so, I lose the access to the hbmenu.

Also, I should have said that I want override the album applet because I'm currently accessing the hbmenu from the eShop applet (by modifying the title id in override_config.ini )

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, it works. but not as intended. doing so, I lose the access to the hbmenu.

Also, I should have said that I want override the album applet because I'm currently accessing the hbmenu from the eShop applet (by modifying the title id in override_config.ini )

I might be wrong but you may be able to do it if you recompile as a exefs.nsp instead of an nro then use layeredfs to replace the exefs.nsp of the album applet.

I've never tried it though so not sure if it would work

F-l-a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I might be wrong but you may be able to do it if you recompile as a exefs.nsp instead of an nro then use layeredfs to replace the exefs.nsp of the album applet.
Sounds great, and it's probably how other app do it. do you have some guide\documentation to follow? i'm new to this type of things and a google search (many of them actually) led me to nothing

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds great, and it's probably how other app do it. do you have some guide\documentation to follow? i'm new to this type of things and a google search (many of them actually) led me to nothing

Hello I was actually just testing this out to see if I could give you a definite answer. It will not work in the way I have described as the app you want to open has a romfs section.

I am just going to try by compiling a modifed hbloader and then using that to replace the exefs of the album applet. I will let you know how it goes

If you want to compile homebrew yourself you will need to set up devkitpro first:

https://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started

Most homebrew apps have building instructions on their github.

If you want to see some simple example apps check this out:

https://github.com/switchbrew/switch-examples

Reactions: BigOnYa

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so I have got it working.

In the file:
https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbloader/blob/master/source/main.c

I changed line 6, from:
#define DEFAULT_NRO "sdmc:/hbmenu.nro"

To:
#define DEFAULT_NRO "sdmc:/switch/NXGallery.nro"

Then I built, renamed the "hbl.nsp" output to "exefs.nsp" and copied to "/atmosphere/contents/010000000000100D/exefs.nsp"

Please note, you will need to rebuild each time you update atmosphere.

If you don't want to build it yourself I will attach the modified hbloader I built with the change detailed above. "/switch/NXGallery.nro" must exist for it to work

Attachments

• hblmod.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 19

F-l-a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you don't want to build it yourself I will attach the modified hbloader I built with the change detailed above
it works, thanks!

Then I built
never made/compiled a homebrew. may I ask you how to set things up? so that i'm independent and actually knowing what I am doing (I want to replicate the process for other apps as well).
thanks for the patience, feel free to reply whenever it's more convenient for you:)

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it works, thanks!

never made/compiled a homebrew. may I ask you how to set things up? so that i'm independent and actually knowing what I am doing (I want to replicate the process for other apps as well).
thanks for the patience, feel free to reply whenever it's more convenient for you:)

If you follow the link to the devkitpro page I linked it will tell you how to setup the build environment. Each homebrew app will have its specific requirements and build instructions on its github page

Reactions: BigOnYa

F-l-a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you follow the link to the devkitpro page I linked it will tell you how to setup the build environment. Each homebrew app will have its specific requirements and build instructions on its github page

I've managed to build it by myself following this guide and modifying the source code at the line you pointed, works like a charm now. thanks a lot, you made my day

Reactions: User154

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you make the News applet launch hbmenu?

I don't think so because the news applet does not have its own titleid. As a side note if you wish to override a title with just the plain hbloader nothing needs to be built. You could do so by renaming hbl.nsp to exefs.nsp and applying a patch as described above, but it would probably be easier to use atmosphere's override_config file:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/config_templates/override_config.ini

w0nd3rb0yfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
r8qtlGD.png

Does anyone know what the TittleID of the News applet is?

I tried two TID's I found and they didn't work:
010000000000100A
010000000000080B

Last edited by w0nd3rb0yfx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: