Gaming Majora's Mask

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At least, Majora Mask had a little challenge with the three days system and all those sidequests.

Problem with Ocarina of Time is that it's way too easy. The sidequests are easy, the dungeons are also way too easy. Even the master quest version pose no challenge and could be beated by a little kid who never played videogames and without any trouble at all.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
many remakes tend to be just shadows, and leave no say, "permanent mark" on gamers. coz the classic already has its place. Im just stating my opinion though, i may be wrong.

who cares about your "i don't like the game coz of the time limit"? this feature in the game made it more exciting actually. i liked majora's mask, played it twice. played ocarina only once. they're both good.

D

Dork

I would do anything to get my hands on a copy of a 3DS remake of Majora's Mask. I would pick this game over Ocarina of Time any day.
Sure, the time length was troublesome, as your time to explore was very little, but there were alternatives. Like playing the backwards Song of Time,
time would go very slow, you wouldn't even notice the change. The dungeons were very challenging compared to Ocarina of Time, along with
the creative and diverse bosses.

This game being the darkest of the series, you would always get an eerie feeling when traversing any of the worlds that haven't been completed.
The graphics weren't what made it so much of a creepy game, but that damn OST. I loved the creepy and slow paced sound tracks outside of Termina.

And of course, the most loved thing about Majora's Mask is it's plethora of sidequests. Though most of them were for masks, I stilled loved doing them,
most of them were really challenging, including defending Romani Ranch from the swarms of poes/aliens.

Speaking of which, there were many masks to collect, though many did not change the game mechanics, but you would do anything to get the fabled
Fierce Deity Mask, which would make the all-so-hard final boss a minutes worth of time.

This was probably the most creative Zelda game I played and Nintendo should remake it for the 3DS, despite the "Make a brand new Zelda" complaint.

Vattic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I desperately want this to be remade for the 3DS. Despite the complaints about the three day limit I like how each of those three days is detailed and fleshed out. The world feels alive because things shift and change. The side quests were brilliant. *Crosses fingers*.

D

Deleted User

DarkShard25 said:
I would do anything to get my hands on a copy of a 3DS remake of Majora's Mask. I would pick this game over Ocarina of Time any day.
Sure, the time length was troublesome, as your time to explore was very little, but there were alternatives. Like playing the backwards Song of Time,
time would go very slow, you wouldn't even notice the change. The dungeons were very challenging compared to Ocarina of Time, along with
the creative and diverse bosses.

This game being the darkest of the series, you would always get an eerie feeling when traversing any of the worlds that haven't been completed.
The graphics weren't what made it so much of a creepy game, but that damn OST. I loved the creepy and slow paced sound tracks outside of Termina.

And of course, the most loved thing about Majora's Mask is it's plethora of sidequests. Though most of them were for masks, I stilled loved doing them,
most of them were really challenging, including defending Romani Ranch from the swarms of poes/aliens.

Speaking of which, there were many masks to collect, though many did not change the game mechanics, but you would do anything to get the fabled
Fierce Deity Mask, which would make the all-so-hard final boss a minutes worth of time.

This was probably the most creative Zelda game I played and Nintendo should remake it for the 3DS, despite the "Make a brand new Zelda" complaint.

No way, the dungeons are a joke and about half the size of OOT dungeons.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
No way, the dungeons are a joke and about half the size of OOT dungeons.
I hope you're trolling. The OoT dungeons were easy, but still great. The MM dungeons were somewhat long, and relatively challenging, but they were also great. And they weren't half the size of the OoT dungeons. The were at least 1.5x the size of the OoT dungeons.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
At least, Majora Mask had a little challenge with the three days system and all those sidequests.

Problem with Ocarina of Time is that it's way too easy. The sidequests are easy, the dungeons are also way too easy. Even the master quest version pose no challenge and could be beated by a little kid who never played videogames and without any trouble at all.
I wouldn't go that far. While I also think it's pretty easy and am not going to say whether the game is easy or hard, on average many people think the game is a challenge, especually smaller children.
TDWP FTW said:
QUOTE(brandonspikes @ Jul 9 2011, 03:30 PM) No way, the dungeons are a joke and about half the size of OOT dungeons.
I hope you're trolling. The OoT dungeons were easy, but still great. The MM dungeons were somewhat long, and relatively challenging, but they were also great. And they weren't half the size of the OoT dungeons. The were at least 1.5x the size of the OoT dungeons.
This. Not to mention the ever looming threat of the moon hitting Termina if you were on Day 3 and needed to hustle.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, oot had more dungeons, but besides water temple and that underground well, they really were pretty easy.

MM water temple was hard, mainly since it was confusing and the last temple wasnt easy either.
sizes werent that different actually, but mayoras mask feels longer due to all those sidequests.

and to be honest, i will always prefer MM to OOT

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To anyone who complained about the time limit: jeez, play the Song of Time backwards and you have WAY more time than you need. Seriously. Just do it.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
To anyone who complained about the time limit: jeez, play the Song of Time backwards and you have WAY more time than you need. Seriously. Just do it.

ALSO- become a better gamer. MM was challenging, but certainly never because of the time limits. Even without the "secret" song of slow time it was totally do-able, and then WITH it. oh boy. GGKTHXBAI lol. so easy.

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Clydefrosch said:
well, oot had more dungeons, but besides water temple and that underground well, they really were pretty easy.

MM water temple was hard, mainly since it was confusing and the last temple wasnt easy either.
sizes werent that different actually, but mayoras mask feels longer due to all those sidequests.

and to be honest, i will always prefer MM to OOT

So true

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the first time I played OoT. I know that it was one of the best game. Now that I will finished the game sooner I want a sequel, which is the MM. I never played the game, but I see that it's much more challenging.

Hoping a remake
biggrin.gif

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To those of you who have never played MM:

No need to wait for a 3DS version.

Do you have a wide screen monitor? Get Project 64 -- it will run MM (and OoT also) in true widescreen! This means you are seeing things on the left and right side you wouldn't see using the console.

It's awesome.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like everyone else probably said, if Ocarina of Time 3D sells well (Which it has, I'm assuming) then there definitely will be.

It's developed by Greezo too. They've made like 5 games ever. They probably have nothing else to do, and it's easy money.

It would be a day one purchase for me.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would only buy MM if they increased the days from 3-7 or at least 5 days. To get to an area and beat it in just 3 days even with the inverted song of time is too short. If not altering the clock, let us keep all items after traveling backwards in time. I remember having to go through this one temple 5 times before I beat it because of having to get the keys all over again.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
altorn said:
my biggest mistake was playing majora's mask BEFORE ocarina of time (in n64).
but i think MM's dungeons were harder. it's just sad that only you and skull boy remember everything that happened. *spoiler mwahaha*

IMO, the story in MM triumphs over OoT. It's so much better, especially if you complete all the side quests.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
seeing as they already have the music made
so you work for them? thought not. the music in MM is nothing like in OoT. they would have to redo the whole soundtrack, like they did in OoT (YES they did redo the music, download the orignal soundtrack for OoT and then get the 3DS version and compare)

QUOTE(chartube12 @ Jul 11 2011, 10:19 AM) I would only buy MM if they increased the days from 3-7 or at least 5 days.
and screw up an awesome game? fuck that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU