ROM Hack Majora's Mask Save Data?

David Lepkowsky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find the save data for Majora's Mask cia with savedatafiler, does anyone know where it is or how to find it so I can hex edit it?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What do you mean you "can't find it"? Anyhow, if you're using the EUR version, the game's unique ID (on the User tab) is 01256. Just be advised that Majora's Mask 3D's save (one slot is like 78KBytes) is a heck of a lot bigger than Ocarina of Time's (5.4KBytes), so it might take you a lot longer to figure out where things are. If you get basic hex edited saves working, please do share your findings. I'm still playing the game, so I won't be messing with editors or cheats until I'm finished.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
both zelda game, ALBW and ocarina 3D, have checksum, so mighty possible that this game too have one... anyway David, you have installed game for use savedatafiler? Because i think MM is Card1 game...

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
both zelda game, ALBW and ocarina 3D, have checksum, so mighty possible that this game too have one... anyway David, you have installed game for use savedatafiler? Because i think MM is Card1 game...

MM is indeed a Card 1 game but that doesn't mean you can't use SDF tho

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you use a tutorial to export/import card1 save between 3ds & cia, you need both version of game anyway...
ANd i think that have checksum, like other zelda game for 3ds

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If you exported a save from the 3DS version of the game. You don't need to find where the CIA save is. Just tell SaveDataFiler to import the save to SD card. Assuming the unique IDs are the same (which they should be), SaveDataFiler will find it for you when it imports the save to the CIA version of the game.

David Lepkowsky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the CIA version of the EUR game, I can't see the save file to export to SD card in savedatafiler, what is the id of the CIA save so I can get the extdata, and if it is a card1 game does that make a difference with savedatafiler?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have the CIA version of the EUR game, I can't see the save file to export to SD card in savedatafiler, what is the id of the CIA save so I can get the extdata, and if it is a card1 game does that make a difference with savedatafiler?

In terms of CIA no. In terms of rom, it does since the process you need to do is different with SDF.

Here's the titleID of both versions of MM:

EUR - 0004000000125600
USA - 0004000000125500

Reactions: MattKimura

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, CIA games typically store their saves under the User tab. As stated before, the Euro version is 01256. The only exception thus far to this rule is Fantasy Life, which stores its save under Ext.

David Lepkowsky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I found the save file and was able to find the hex values for hearts, but the save is corrupted when I try to use it. I read on another forum for OOT3D that something with the checksum needs to be done, does anyone know about that with MM?

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bottle Adventure may help you with values. As I have a hell of a time to bottle dupe, please explain how to bottle dupe in MM3D.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
since we don't have codes yet (although gw say they are working on it) - i will be happy if we can edit the save to set the link to wearing his 'fierce deity' mask, so we can play with it outside of boss rooms :) as long as there are no specific checks for that when the game is running it should be ok i guess

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
since we don't have codes yet (although gw say they are working on it) - i will be happy if we can edit the save to set the link to wearing his 'fierce deity' mask, so we can play with it outside of boss rooms :) as long as there are no specific checks for that when the game is running it should be ok i guess
Also if now works only on 4.5, the cheats now is possible, but almost no one work on, or dont want to share his work/codes...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Also if now works only on 4.5, the cheats now is possible, but almost no one work on, or dont want to share his work/codes...

well yes, those cheats that work with that modded cfw thing, i don't have hopes for anyone spending the time making cheats for that.
gw said they would give us cheats, and i think dstwo+ said it too (i hope they use the same cheat format... i doubt it)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well yes, those cheats that work with that modded cfw thing, i don't have hopes for anyone spending the time making cheats for that.
gw said they would give us cheats, and i think dstwo+ said it too (i hope they use the same cheat format... i doubt it)
ioritree have so many cool cheat plugin for games, but for unknown reason he dont want to share :/
I tried many times to find codes, but without luck (ocarina of time dont connect and mario 3d land freeze every second...)
I think if someone with hacking skills want to try to midfy exefs of a game, if i give him the address, for example, of money, and apply directly to game (game without multiplayer, indeed :) ), like happen to modified eboot.bin in ps3 games ^^

naz2x

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone share their zelda mm game save for gateway mine got corrupted.
I don't mind if its completed.

thanks

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bottle Dupe over Kafei's or Breeman's Mask. Then get the Spring Water, exit and you're Fierce Deity.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.