Gaming Majoras Mask 3ds Changes

Inuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why the fcuk did they change the position of the banker in game whats the purpose.
Also i really miss the old fashion clock than the new digital one. Since the first couple of hours in game i have noticed that nintendo tried to make the game easier than the N64 one.
Kind of take the magic from it, but i can understand that a lot of people find it hard in the first place.
But still it would be nice to have 2 modes or someting like that.
On the bright side i really loved the light blue backround during the horse chase scene instead of the fog effect of the N64.
What is your opinion?

Plasmastar510

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of surprising changes. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. I think the most disappointing one I've heard of so far is swimming behavior with the Zora mask on. I, like others, loved the heck out of some zora swimming.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm kinda split tbh. While I do like the updated game, I find stuff like the banker's relocation...interesting. While I understand why they moved him, I really don't get why he couldn't have stayed put. The game does hold it's magic, but I have really been pissed with the magic bubble that the deku scrub shoots. I can't quickfire anymore, gotta wait for it to fill up :( They also shoot much straighter, which is comfortable, and probably better in the end. One last thing that kinda irked me was the how easily you get the Owl song, and how easily you get the bomber's notebook. Just doesn't feel as awesome getting it. The framerate while playing in 3D on the n3DS hurts my feelings since we all know they have the power to support it, but they didn't.

c-stick, ZR ZL buttons are both excessive, but I'm glad they have support.

What I loved was finding the bomber kids. new hiding spots had me wondering for the first time running through the game in a looong time :) I obviously love the 3D and updated graphics. Framerate is boosted from the n64 version which is a blessing lol. The new save functions are great, since I don't have to save, or play anymore.

I have only just approached the swamp temple, so this is just my first impressions for now. Really enjoying it.

Inuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It freezes at the end of the dialogue and you have to hard reset the 3ds.
At least in European version dont know about usa one

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
It freezes at the end of the dialogue and you have to hard reset the 3ds.
At least in European version dont know about usa one

Had to try it out. It frooze at the end of the dialogue and only had to restart the game via home menu. European version here.

And a little Off-Topic, but since we are already talking about MM, have anyone else done the The Bomb Business quest? I've done step 1 and step 2 and bought the big bomb bag and the All-Night Mask. Is it bugged or is there more steps? I bought it before I bought the regular bomb bag too. :unsure:

EDIT: Nvm. Probably because I don't have the biggest bomb bag. Thought there were only one upgrade. :P

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad they moved the banker...it would of stupid to have him away from the save point. I have not noticed many changes yet beyond the saving, banker moving and getting the notebook from the mask sales men...So far I have done up to getting the notebook lol. I have not had much time lately to play video games.

EDIT: I quiet playing the gamecube disk once I got the zora mask. I couldn't take the framerate drops while swimming and the lousy mario_kart-ish camera while swimming.

EDIT2: A list of so far known changes can be found here. LINK

Reactions: Inuk

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Them making it a little easier was a necessary evil. One of the biggest complaints I've heard about this game from many different people, Zelda fanboy or not, is that it's too difficult and confusing due to the time mechanic and a number of other things. I personally never finished it as a kid because of this, which really disappointed me, especially after completing OoT. The difficulty curve was too great (as a child)

I think this was a wise move for Nintendo to make so the game is a little more approachable to newcomers while still holding true to the original. Also, who knows what might unlock after your first clear ;)

Oh, and another change??? It's in 3d hahaha

Reactions: chartube12 and Inuk

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw someone playing this on Twitch, and there seemed to be some kind of screen capture system to take pictures--is that new? If so, how do you do that?

loco365

Trophies
XP
I saw someone playing this on Twitch, and there seemed to be some kind of screen capture system to take pictures--is that new? If so, how do you do that?

When you head to the swamp and save Kotake, she'll be at the main area besides the Owl Statue, and she'll offer rides around the swamp, part of which leads you to the Deku Palace. Anyways, she gives you a camera to make use of, and with that item, you can take photos in-game, which I think you can take back to the swamp shack and have developed (I'm still trying to figure that out).

Inuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No, they dont automatically save on sd, though it prompts you to do it if you want.
The main thing of the camera is to take a picture of a special someone........... i dont want to spoil that for you and return the picture to the photo guy whom will award you with something nice.
Btw i have finished this game over of 7-8 times and i didn't know till yesterday that the photo guy is Tingle's father, omg

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great changes, really. Just collected all masks but 1, items and heart pieces and.. everything else what you can do.

Now to Majora. ;)

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dam. less then a week and so many people have already beaten the game. And I just got the Zora mask...I need to find more bottles first. Doing the egg hunt with one bottle sucks. Nintendo should of changed it so one bottle can hold all 7 eggs.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dam. less then a week and so many people have already beaten the game. And I just got the Zora mask...I need to find more bottles first. Doing the egg hunt with one bottle sucks. Nintendo should of changed it so one bottle can hold all 7 eggs.
You could do the goron race near goron village - or ask Koume after you beat the swamp boss if she gives you a ride on her.. boat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...