Major Problem

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Vahnyyz, Apr 4, 2010.

Apr 4, 2010

Major Problem by Vahnyyz at 5:23 AM (1,315 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Vahnyyz
    OP

Member Vahnyyz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No matter the game, no matter the program, no matter what it is thats being done on the psp, absolutely all of it freezes and then resets. SOMETIMES when it comes back it even says no memory card is inserted, or if it does say the card is there.. sometimes it says that there are no games on it. I just take it out and then put it in and it works, and reads and everything.

I've formatted the card and put everything back on, I've redone the cfw 5.50 Gen-D(Final) with what i downloaded from the psp-ha*** (i won't post any links since i know its bad) and its still failing [​IMG]. Its a sad sad time for me. I was hoping IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!

is there any way that we could somehow put online like what a "Good System" folder and "SEPlugin" folder would be like, i figure that's the only pivotal folders I would need, because I like being able to play the games (psx, umd, and backups) and cwcheats and anything else that person feels is an "Important program" for the PSP as far as gaming is concerned.

I understand that this is something that someone could take advantage of, but somehow I've messed this up and I don't think it would be the card because it happens on all 6 of my memory sticks. all having worked from before.

Obviously if using confirmed working system and seplugin folders from a PSP-1000 like my own, then its probably the Gen-D(Final) that I've been using that needs to be kicked off.

Thank you anyone for your consideration, I really hope I haven't failed to do this post properly. I just really need help, and gbatemp is really the only site I feel comfortable with.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    btw PSP-Hacks has no illegal stuff so its aight to link it

I take you formatted via the PSP itself,since any other formatter doesnt just work

Try taking off all other unnecessary stuff first like the plug-ins and other ISO's and try doing some homebrew.

Those stuff are just some random thoughts(except the linking stuff)so there might be a real sol. but try doing those stuff first

3. Vahnyyz
    OP

United States
    thats just it, i've taken out the card and i have a mem-stick that has none of that stuff on it except for psx version of legends of legaia and yu-gi-oh tagforce 2

the system file and the seplugins don't have much in them, and i don't have any homebrews but after about 15-20 minutes it just shuts off [​IMG]

its a sad day for me =\

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Format the stick in the PSP. Stick a video file and some mp3's on it. See if you still get the problem. If you do it's hardware(PSP or MS) or firmware and not the actual MS contents.

5. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Have you tried updating to D3 instead of D(Final)? Also, have you tried going back to an older firmware like M33 and seeing if the problem persists?

6. xist

United Kingdom
    How on Earth would installing a buggier version of D3 help? If he's reflashed D-Final we're initiallt assuming it's not firmware issues until everything else is ruled out.

7. Vahnyyz
    OP

United States
    ok, so i've been running just my 2 songs

1 vid

and nothing else as far as games/music/movies/pictures go..

nothing is getting better..

1 of my favorite songs, all of a sudden starts to speed up just before it an heros.

like its awesome when it speeds it up and it sounds great, but not if the whole thing just blitz's itself and i have no more psp [​IMG]

8. xist

United Kingdom
    Try a different MS. If that doesn't help, reflash M33, if that doesn't help sell the PSP as borked and get a new one.

9. Vahnyyz
    OP

United States
    ok, i'll try a reflash =\

should I go to m33?

because I know Gen did work, i just don't remember which it was..

10. xist

United Kingdom
    Just flash 5.00M33-6 for now.

11. Vahnyyz
    OP

United States
    k, i used hellcat recovery. I'm set to M33-6

after a little bit it still freezes.. i'm not sure why but all i've been doing so far (after i recovered)

is try to set the username

and try to setup my network...

hellcat doesn't "require" extra work right?

you just need the original stuff and flash everything.. right?

why would my psp1000 still be doing that =\

12. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    restore factory settings after you change firmware.

does it do this fault with the charger connected?

13. Vahnyyz
    OP

United States
    both connected and not connected, and all settings are defaulted.

the only thing i've changed is the speed from default to 333 on both settings, set up my network, made sure my cwcheats is working (now), and finally the username is set to "Vahnyyz" just like it is here. but very randomly during the game, or even when its just loading info (on a 4GB MS with 3GB free space) it still freezes, and the same thing happens on my 32GB my 16GB and my 2GB.

14. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    Could be that the contacts are bad inside the system itself.

15. Vahnyyz
    OP

United States
    which contacts? cause I've opened it up before (a few months back) and i was able to change the screen and never had a problem with it with full day usage (upwards from 8 hours of continuous power/play)

16. Vahnyyz
    OP

United States
    i've formatted to m33-6 and it still froze up, I was using a 4GB card that had recovery cat, and 2 songs and 1 music video. nothing else was "different" except I had the same system file and seplugin folder. if there's something off in those would they cause a problem with me being able to play properly and stuff.

I'm back on gen-d final and everything and it plays for a little longer, but the freeze still happens within 10-15 minutes on music/games/vids or whatever.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

please.. =\