Homebrew Major problem with N3dsXL following 3DSguide

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had followed the 3dsguide a few days ago, a bumpy road that was, but it was working almost perfect.
I was able to install some cias, some off them didnt install (some games), fbi sometimes doesn´t install cias, dlcs cias, updates cias.

So i figure that, because i had some problems when i followed the guide, maybe it was causing all this issues with cia installation, the best thing to do is to start all over again from the beggining.

I want to full remove both luma and a9lh and start from the very beggining.

Well, i was able to format the console,the micro-sd card and restore my previous backup that i made when trying the first time 3dsguide (glad i did it).

After restoring my previous firmware, i start all over again and was running smothly until i reached the part to dump the health&safety thing.

It fails to dump, despite the fact that the hs file was created.
When i tried to inject the fbi it cannot proced because i cant choose the fbi file.

So, because it was very late at night, i turned off the 3ds and sleep i went.
Today when i turned on the 3ds with the sd card in it loads to a black screen, if i turn it on without the sd card the blue led turns on and a half second later it turns off.

Now i cant do nothing whith her, cant load hourglass, luma, decript9, nothing.

What can i do now?? No Power button + combination works, it always load to a black screen if i use the sd card and without, it doesnt load at all, just a blink of the blue led and thats it.

If somebody could help il be appreciated.
Thanks

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did you actually remove a9lh? Try booting the console with an sd card inserted that only contains arm9loaderhax.bin (and nothing else). With only arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card, hold select at boot and tell me what happens.

What fw were you on when it stopped working? Were you still on 2.1 or were you on 11.2?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I had followed the 3dsguide a few days ago, a bumpy road that was, but it was working almost perfect.
I was able to install some cias, some off them didnt install (some games), fbi sometimes doesn´t install cias, dlcs cias, updates cias.

So i figure that, because i had some problems when i followed the guide, maybe it was causing all this issues with cia installation, the best thing to do is to start all over again from the beggining.

I want to full remove both luma and a9lh and start from the very beggining.

Well, i was able to format the console,the micro-sd card and restore my previous backup that i made when trying the first time 3dsguide (glad i did it).

After restoring my previous firmware, i start all over again and was running smothly until i reached the part to dump the health&safety thing.

It fails to dump, despite the fact that the hs file was created.
When i tried to inject the fbi it cannot proced because i cant choose the fbi file.

So, because it was very late at night, i turned off the 3ds and sleep i went.
Today when i turned on the 3ds with the sd card in it loads to a black screen, if i turn it on without the sd card the blue led turns on and a half second later it turns off.

Now i cant do nothing whith her, cant load hourglass, luma, decript9, nothing.

What can i do now?? No Power button + combination works, it always load to a black screen if i use the sd card and without, it doesnt load at all, just a blink of the blue led and thats it.

If somebody could help il be appreciated.
Thanks
Try CTRTransfer of 9.2 then updating back(Unless you have a NAND backup, that should be better).

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So did you actually remove a9lh? Try booting the console with an sd card inserted that only contains arm9loaderhax.bin (and nothing else). With only arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card, hold select at boot and tell me what happens.

What fw were you on when it stopped working? Were you still on 2.1 or were you on 11.2?
I was on 11.2.0.35e, i finished the firmware updating.

The only part it stuck was when i was trying to dumb the health&safety app, it fails to decrypt despite the fact that the file hs.app was created.

I put the arm9loaderhax.bin that was on luma3ds6.6zip in the sd root and it load the screen for luma configuration after holding select on boot.

EDIT: If i remove the sd card, the 3ds doesnt boot. The blue led blinks and nothing more happens. Well back to the guide. From where should i continue the guide.

Last edited by ManitoCC,
Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 11.2.0.35e, i finished the firmware updating.

The only part it stuck was when i was trying to dumb the health&safety app, it fails to decrypt despite the fact that the file hs.app was created.

I put the arm9loaderhax.bin that was on luma3ds6.6zip in the sd root and it load the screen for luma configuration after holding select on boot.
Okay, good. So now it starts again.

Now that you've got that figured out, continue from here https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Don't bother dumping your hs.app if you don't care about restoring it, just jump to section V and inject the one that the guide prompts you to download.

Reactions: ManitoCC

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have aesdbkeys.bin in the files9 folder?
Yes. I´ve even try to restore the backup i had but hourglass always says that it cant find a usable file.

Edit: I just put the card on my pc and all the files from files9 folder are gone! WTH?

Last edited by ManitoCC,

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. I´ve even try to restore the backup i had but hourglass always says that it cant find a usable file.

Edit: I just put the card on my pc and all the files from files9 folder are gone! WTH?

So did you manage to solve this? what part are you in?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm try this:
1) Get FBI.3dsx from https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases and place in sd:/3ds folder.
2) Press select at boot to enter Luma config, then check "patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access", press start to reboot.
3) Enter homebrew launcher from your preferred method (soundhax, etc).
4) Open FBI.
5) Proceed to install CIAS as per guide.

Profit.

Reactions: jtvjan and ManitoCC

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m stuck on injecting Fbi, it simply says that there is no usable file.
1. Take your original hs.app off your SD card and put it on the PC
2. rename the FBI_injectible.app to "hs.app"
3. Put that in files9
4. Run Decrypt9/Hourglass9 and try to inject "hs.app"

Make sure you don't confuse the two after changing the name. It should work now.

Reactions: ManitoCC

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damm, its getting worse, now i cant even load hourglass, decrypt, godmode, every combination i make according to the payloads i´ve got on luma/payloads directory, it always gives-me an error:
"An exception occurred" (in red)
Processor: Arm9
Exception Type: undefined instruction
R0 00000400 R1 00000000
R2 C00003E0 R3 23F00000
plus a few lines with more codes and at the end
"you can find a dump in the following file:
dumps/arm9/crash_dump_00000000.dmp"

"Press any button to shutdown"

And in the lower screen there is a bunch of lines with codes.
The only thing i can load is the luma configuration by holding select on boot.
Another thing, now i cant even do the soundhax, can you belive in that?!
I open the sound app and when i choose the hax file it says that it cant play the file!!!!

Im getting frustrated with this, i gona sleep a while for now and start reading again, to them continue the guide.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It sounds like you installed some bad CIAs.
A9LH isn't the problem and removing will not fix your problem. If anything, removing it now may actually cause more problems.
Wait, did you try to dump the H&S without deleting the previously dumped file.

Damm, its getting worse, now i cant even load hourglass, decrypt, godmode, every combination i make according to the payloads i´ve got on luma/payloads directory, it always gives-me an error:
"An exception occurred" (in red)
Processor: Arm9
Exception Type: undefined instruction
R0 00000400 R1 00000000
R2 C00003E0 R3 23F00000
plus a few lines with more codes and at the end
"you can find a dump in the following file:
dumps/arm9/crash_dump_00000000.dmp"

"Press any button to shutdown"

And in the lower screen there is a bunch of lines with codes.
The only thing i can load is the luma configuration by holding select on boot.
Another thing, now i cant even do the soundhax, can you belive in that?!
I open the sound app and when i choose the hax file it says that it cant play the file!!!!

Im getting frustrated with this, i gona sleep a while for now and start reading again, to them continue the guide.
Please stop whatever you are doing. You didn't need to remove A9LH, all you needed to do was restore a NAND from before you installed the CIAs (using hourglass9.)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/you-dont-need-to-remove-a9lh-the-guide-to-proper-troubleshooting.456683/
Please upload the crash_dump_00000000.dmp

Last edited by The Catboy,

ManitoCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like you installed some bad CIAs.
A9LH isn't the problem and removing will not fix your problem. If anything, removing it now may actually cause more problems.
Wait, did you try to dump the H&S without deleting the previously dumped file.
The only cias i installed when the console was working here 4-5 games, Pokemon sun (error on loading) Dragon ball butoken, star fox 3d, super mario bros 2.
I´ve tried others, but it failed to install, even using legit tikets, so i thought that because i got a bumpy road installing the cfw, maybe that was what was causing the issues with fbi, so i wanted to beggin again from the top, and now i cant even load hourglass our decript9 to restore the backup i made.

When i try to dump the hs it didnt have any hs.app on the folder, it simply says tha the dump failed, and something about decrypt, but the file was created.

One more thing, the otp file, does it have to be on the sdcard?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only cias i installed when the console was working here 4-5 games, Pokemon sun (error on loading) Dragon ball butoken, star fox 3d, super mario bros 2.
I´ve tried others, but it failed to install, even using legit tikets, so i thought that because i got a bumpy road installing the cfw, maybe that was what was causing the issues with fbi, so i wanted to beggin again from the top, and now i cant even load hourglass our decript9 to restore the backup i made.

When i try to dump the hs it didnt have any hs.app on the folder, it simply says tha the dump failed, and something about decrypt, but the file was created.

One more thing, the otp file, does it have to be on the sdcard?
Failing to install a CFW would have simply not booted. It won't have effected the games being installed. Most likely the tickets or the CIA were the problem. Or your SD card wasn't prepared to install game, which is an easy fix. Simply visiting the eShop and letting it prepare the SD card will fix that.
Upload the crash_dump_00000000.dmp, it's telling you were to find it.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.