Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
I have edited my instructions above. Try it. It works.
lol I think you are referring to a different Moonshell2 version than I am. I'm talking about the Child Zwai version that doesn't have a overlay.dll crack at all and thus that method doesn't work xD (though there is some really awesome features added with Child Zwai that aren't in MS2.10 Stable, so I call it a fair trade, since I don't actually have many roms to begin with anyways xD)

-edit-
I got ninja'd by an edit xD.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Mantis41 said:
I have edited my instructions above. Try it. It works.
lol I think you are referring to a different Moonshell2 version than I am. I'm talking about the Child Zwai version that doesn't have a overlay.dll crack at all and thus that method doesn't work xD (though there is some really awesome features added with Child Zwai that aren't in MS2.10 Stable, so I call it a fair trade, since I don't actually have many roms to begin with anyways xD)

-edit-
I got ninja'd by an edit xD.
I guess that's why DScoverd works with Child Zwai, because the extlink_loader from dscovered it is doing the same thing as ndslink.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
Why didn't you use ak 1.8.1 in you last update?
I didn't use it because for some perculiar reason when you select a Commercial ROM through Moonshell - it only booted into AKAIO & not run the ROM

So I thought it'll be best only to include 1.8.0 (which DOES boot the ROM) as a stop-gap, until I get a reply from a Post I've done asking why this has happened (I'm guessing that 1.8.1 has had some change that prevents it from autorunning ROMS's - but can't be sure)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Mantis41 said:
I didn't use it because for some perculiar reason when you select a Commercial ROM through Moonshell - it only booted into AKAIO & not run the ROM

So I thought it'll be best only to include 1.8.0 (which DOES boot the ROM) as a stop-gap, until I get a reply from a Post I've done asking why this has happened (I'm guessing that 1.8.1 has had some change that prevents it from autorunning ROMS's - but can't be sure)
It's working fine on mine, you just need to use the nds.inilink.nds loader, renamed to _hn and _vh. I posted about 5 or 6 posts back.

For some strange reason I had to add _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds to run some homebrew.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
CannonFoddr said:
Mantis41 said:

It's working fine on mine, you just need to use the nds.inilink.nds loader, renamed to _hn and _vh. I posted about 5 or 6 posts back.
I know but isn't 'inilink' the one where if you add/remove a ROM you have to 'create' new links each time by running 'NDSLINK' each time (as mentioned in Jurassicplayers post) ???

MAIO isn't meant to work like that - It is meant to be 'simple' for Newbies to use
All they have to do is Install MAIO,add the ROM(s), boot into Moonshell & run their games - not having to worry about having to run another program just to make a 'fake homebrew links'

Incidentally - for anyone who whats to know - you'll find my 'request for more info here

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Mantis41 said:
CannonFoddr said:
Mantis41 said:

I know but isn't 'inilink' the one where if you add/remove a ROM you have to 'create' new links each time by running 'NDSLINK' each time (as mentioned in Jurassicplayers post) ???

MAIO isn't meant to work like that - It is meant to be 'simple' for Newbies to use
All they have to do is Install MAIO,add the ROM(s), boot into Moonshell & run their games - not having to worry about having to run another program just to make a 'fake homebrew links'

Incidentally - for anyone who whats to know - you'll find my 'request for more info here
As long as the version of moonshell is still patched inilink will load roms directly with 1.8.1 without using ndslink.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well blow me down with a feather ......

I've gone & done what you posted earlier & it does seem to actually work - so there is NOW a MAIO 3.04 on the first post.

Many thanks for the workaround - all that's needed now is some1 to come up with a way to get the Moonshell 'Child Zwai' to work (i.e. new overlay.dll) & then everything can be updated (even perhaps the splash screen as IIRC Xenon has come up with a couple of 'fixes')

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Well blow me down with a feather ......

I've gone & done what you posted earlier & it does seem to actually work - so there is NOW a MAIO 3.04 on the first post.

Many thanks for the workaround - all that's needed now is some1 to come up with a way to get the Moonshell 'Child Zwai' to work (i.e. new overlay.dll) & then everything can be updated (even perhaps the splash screen as IIRC Xenon has come up with a couple of 'fixes')
Yep! I have been messing with that but so far the only thing that works is NDSlink which I hate.

Edit: you might want to put _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds into the build. I found some of the homebrew was looking for this file. It was probably just one of the INI files but I couldn't be bothered looking I just threw this file in the EXT folder and everthing worked.

Edit2: Don't thank me, thank @Xenon++

Edit3: The file looking for _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds was neods.nds

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
Edit: you might want to put _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds into the build. I found some of the homebrew was looking for this file. It was probably just one of the INI files but I couldn't be bothered looking I just threw this file in the EXT folder and everthing worked.
But if we put 2 _HNs, we have to be careful for copy order. _hn.inilink.nds has to be the first to be copied.
Link Launcher has the feature to correct order from 0.35, but I don't want to add it to inilink.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally have moonshell 2 now
biggrin.gif

with avi support
ohmy.gif
no more dpg converting
yaynds.gif

GREAT JOB

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
Kajdan said:
I finally have moonshell 2 now with avi support - no more dpg converting
yaynds.gif

GREAT JOBI didn't think avi support was possible !!I think he's referring to the TunaVid AVI plugin of Moonshell - He will still need to encode his videos to the EXACT SPECS of Tunavid though
QUOTETuna-viDS plays videos with the following format:

* Video: 256px wide, up to 192px tall, up to 12fps, Xvid encoded, non-interlaced
* Audio: Stereo or mono MP3
* Container: AVI with chunk index, video must be the first stream (fourcc 00dc)

You can use FFmpeg to convert videos with this command (all one line):
ffmpeg -i -f avi -r 10 -s 256x192 -b 192k -bt 64k -vcodec libxvid -deinterlace -acodec libmp3lame -ar 32000 -ab 96k -ac 2 tuna-vids.avi
This encodes the video as Xvid at 256×192px, 10fps, 192±64kbps. You can try up to 12fps, but anything higher will slow down the decoder too much. It encodes the audio as stereo MP3 at 32kHz, 96kbps. It muxes it into an AVI container with the filename "tuna-vids.avi". Feel free to experiment with bit rates, sample rates, and frame rates. Just keep the video exactly 256px wide and no more than 192px tall.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Mantis41 said:
Kajdan said:
I finally have moonshell 2 now with avi support - no more dpg converting
yaynds.gif

GREAT JOB
I didn't think avi support was possible !!
I think he's referring to the TunaVid AVI plugin of Moonshell - He will still need to encode his videos to the EXACT SPECS of Tunavid though

Which is the better quality. Latest DPG or Tunavid?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong