Maidump Games C2-12828-1 Error

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Imhullu, May 29, 2017.

1. Imhullu
    OP

Imhullu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    United States
    I've come across a problem with a couple of maidump games. I'm getting the C2-12828-1 error upon either booting the game, or shortly after starting it. The games in question are Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme vs Force and Deemo.

They've worked fine in the past, but I believe that they required a particular plugin(either Rincheat or Amphetamin, as those were the two in use previously). I've since stopped using them, and I'm thinking that's why I'm having this error. What I'm wondering is if there is a workaround for this and if anyone else has experienced this.

2. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    Uninstall the games, then install only the games using Mai Dump, and then install the DLC using Mai Dump. When you install the patch make sure you just overwrite the files using vitashell in the game's app folder ... that worked with Metrico's Patch and Guacamelee's Patch ............ other then that ............. if you upgraded henkaku try refreshing your database, (NOT rebuilding because that will delete all or some your game bubbles).

3. RivenMain

RivenMain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2016
    United States
    go to your vita shell and locate the games folder, replace it's sce_sys with the folder of the same name listed in your back up. It's happened to me with tearaway and miku f2. Hope this helps. If it worked before hand though it may not fix it; I never played those games so I really wouldn't know.

Last edited by RivenMain, May 30, 2017
  4. Imhullu
    OP

Imhullu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    United States
    I tried redownloading a dump of Extreme Vs Force, and it seems to work fine without Rincheat. The Deemo dump, on the other hand, still does not work without it. It would seem that there isn't a workaround for that particular game as of now. I'll keep your suggestions in mind in the future. C2-12828-1 seems to be a generic error code, so it might be good to keep some kind of list of potential solutions. I appreciate it, guys.