Hacking Magnum Crome Cases

jono_

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i know there was some shit goin down on these forums and the owner of those SCHOCK cases, but whats happened after the dust has cleared?

Has anyone bought a SHOCK case?
a chrome one?
was it hard to install?
how much was it?
what does it look like (pics)?

thanks
jono_

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exactly what shit was going on? I saw the chrome case, and while it's shiny, I don't think it looks that great. I did some searching and I couldn't find the chrome one at all. But I've heard from some users of the clear Shock case that it was, quite obviously, inferior to default cases. However it beats a broken hinge
tongue.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was one guy crying about "Shock shell bricked my DS!!!1" or something like that, but it turned out he didn't plug one of the cables in properly when he put the DS in the shell.

There were also people complaining about the shells not including replacements for all of the parts. The rubber feet and slot 2 cover are not included, and some people didn't get all the buttons.

TheBlueStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one of the "Dreamy Blue" casings. These things suck so much. It's a waste of time, the right hinge cracked on me, similar to those with the left hinge crack, but it was on the right for me this time. I believe they also have a thread on their own forum with members also experiencing this. I got it because I had a left hinge crack. The thing feels super cheap, you can see indents on the surface where the opposite side would have plastic moldings. The cases are all clear cases that have just been painted, so when you hold it up to the light you can see through the case still. I just wasted time transferring my DS Lite into it, just to transfer it back into the original case which is way much better and solid. In my opinion, I'd just buy a new DS Lite, 40$ isn't worth it for that case.
PS: As for the chrome casings, you would think they're actual metal casing at least the outer surface of it, but from what I saw on their forum, it's just plastic that underwent some nickel plating process.
If you do get one of these, the hardest part is either pulling the antenna cable from under the Slot 1 housing, or reinserting the ribbon cable from the top screen to the DS's mobo. Overall, it isn't too hard.

jono_

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that the brutally honest answer iwas lookin for, thanks stylus.

all in all, i think ill stay with my orig casing.

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout