Status
Not open for further replies.

Adaminator1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Okay, cool. Mite be a project that will take me 5 years then ROFL.

So, how far are you in doing the translation now? Sorry for asking, I know you are doing a great job and all, but it would be cool for a progress update every now and then
smile.gif

It's not that you don't update at all, but it would just be cool as it would give us a kind of sense of how far away from releasing the beta you are
smile.gif

metal01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't friggin wait for this, even if it gets released in small patches, which is good idea in case there are spelling errors, which happeneds, or any glitches.

A bit off topic but do you ever battle your "new" rival in the game or is he/she like Dawn just kinda there? I'm only just past Violet and don't want to put any real effort into this yet.

hinkypunk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm i agree. it would be amazing if you were able to fix it so we were able to have longer names, instead of the limit they put on it in the japanese version. and then lt surge wouldnt have to be changed

gr3ger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hinkypunk9 said:
hmmm i agree. it would be amazing if you were able to fix it so we were able to have longer names, instead of the limit they put on it in the japanese version. and then lt surge wouldnt have to be changed

I think it's too much work to be honest, you will have to disassemble the game, find the spot where the limit is (and possibly realign the hook to the text), and change that value and pray to god that it won't have any unexpected impact on the entire game.

My suggestion: Leave the character limit as it is and focus your work on the translation.

hinkypunk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gr3ger said:
hinkypunk9 said:

I think it's too much work to be honest, you will have to disassemble the game, find the spot where the limit is (and possibly realign the hook to the text), and change that value and pray to god that it won't have any unexpected impact on the entire game.

My suggestion: Leave the character limit as it is and focus your work on the translation.

yeh i agree, i just meant like after he has finished the translation, which by the looks of it, you are doing and amazing job!, maybe this could be a possibility. And also i heard he was thinking of changing that japanese graphics as well? now THAT would be just beyond amazing

petspaps

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Watara-Kun i said it before u are a credit to the hacking community your work is genius, and if u were able to complete the entire thing by the end of the holidays (im vic, aus) it would be amazing. NO RUSH. But thank-you for ur hard work.
I know how hard it is to read Jap, i studied for a bit and it's a pain in the aass so congrats on however far u are able to complete it.
Also ignore the assholes that are bad mouthing u or are trying to put pressure on you.

And to all those people trying to rush him, his version is a month away Nintendos is 6 months if were lucky. Personally i'll play yours then ill play Nintendos. But it would be nice if you could maybe incorperate this patch into HG because no much would need to be changed just some of the Rocket & Arc dialogue correct?
Thanks Anyway.

TiagoCT

Trophies
XP
Country
Changing the limit on the name can't be done, unless you decompile the game, rewrite that piece of code and then recompile it.

Can't be done, simply put.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, bad news, I've given up on PokeDSPicPlatinum. Just not enough info out there on file locations and I'm not going to cycle through the massive amounts of files in the a. folder. So yeah, just not enough is documented on where stuff is.

There's documentation on stuff I don't really need like Pokemon sprites and stuff, but no one seems to document where the element icons and Pokedex graphics are.

hinkypunk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Haha, bad news, I've given up on PokeDSPicPlatinum. Just not enough info out there on file locations and I'm not going to cycle through the massive amounts of files in the a. folder. So yeah, just not enough is documented on where stuff is.

There's documentation on stuff I don't really need like Pokemon sprites and stuff, but no one seems to document where the element icons and Pokedex graphics are.
oh:( so wat does this mean in terms of translation? does that mean you wont be able to translate the status and pokedex?
frown.gif

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hinkypunk9 said:
WataruKun said:

oh:( so wat does this mean in terms of translation? does that mean you wont be able to translate the status and pokedex?
frown.gif
Until someone documents the narc file in the a folder where it is.

Simply takes too long to rename all the files .narc's and look for the graphics in PokeDSPicPlatinum.

gr3ger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:

I can take a look at that for you mate. I'll send you a PM if I find a way to do it
smile.gif

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gr3ger said:
WataruKun said:

I can take a look at that for you mate. I'll send you a PM if I find a way to do it
smile.gif
That'd be good because I can't edit stuff if I don't know where it is.

hinkypunk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gr3ger said:
WataruKun said:

smile.gif
omg thank you if you can help him out!:D

gr3ger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
flame6753 said:
What exactly is PokeDSPicPlatinum? Probably is an insignificant part of the game.

I've seen those new screens, I am STILL impressed. 222 gOOOOOD!

It's a program that lets you find sprites that are embedded into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...