Made changes to Profile...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GrabitHot, Nov 30, 2014.

1. GrabitHot
    OP

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    This is new. I do a fair amount of browsing on these forums. Usually if I have a problem or would like to try out something, I remember a thread post about it and go find it. But GBAtemp community...I have a problem.

After booting into gateway mode, I went back to my profile to see what would happen. Unsurprisingly I could (instead of the usual thing Gateway does when you click on profile) go into my profile. I changed my color (w/e that means) and exited out. It's to be expected when you do that you are no longer in gateway mode. So I tried to go back into gateway, but it goes into my profile instead. Seems like I may have overwrited whatever gateway does. I could do some more snooping around, but I am leaving, so I thought I would use this time to ask if anyone has a quick solution. Thanks. Gotta run.

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Run the blue card again.

3. GrabitHot
    OP

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    I thought this might be the case? Do expect my saves to no longer work? Also, will I have to reformat my SD card on my 3ds?

4. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Nah just reinstall the exploit with the blue cart.
    No idea why Gateway lets you into the NDS Profile on emunand 9.2 since if you change anything you'll remove the exploit...

5. GrabitHot
    OP

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    Haha, is that supposed to be common knowledge...

Edit: Okay. I thought I may have to redo all my settings again, but it seems Gateway did a quick verification with the blue card (took about 5 seconds) and now I can boot into Gateway again. Settings seem intact. Gonna check my retail game...

6. DeadPixelMan

DeadPixelMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    Considering thats how the exploit works.....yes.

7. GrabitHot
    OP

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    I simply thought the whole profile thing was an inconspicuous way of booting into Gateway. I had no idea that once in gateway mode, going into profile would mess it up. BTW, gateway is still able to read my save file on my retail game. Thanks for the quick response.

8. WaryLouka

WaryLouka Official Representative of the SuperCard Team

Banned
    Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    NO RECORDS
    Running anything in DS mode will remplace the exploited username string by either nothing or another string. So accessing your DS profile will delete the exploit and will require a new installation.