Not open for further replies.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Actually, nvm... a blast of compressed air to the "superdrive" fixed the problem, it's intsalling as i type
tongue.gif

so i recently got my hands on a macbook pro and i've updated it to the latest version of snow leopard but i also need to get windows 7 running on it for use at TAFE(uni-like institution) for my VB work...
i tried using the bootcamp assistant and choosing the option about still having my osx disk and at the part where i'm prompted to insert the disk i do so, the macbook reboots and windows installer starts loading only to be greeted by an error (error code is +0xc00000e9) which mentions the problem being something to do with either a usb device being unplugged during the setup (no usb devices are insterted) or a faulty disc drive

assuming it is that the disc drive in this thing is on the fritz, does anyone know how i can install win 7 on this alongside osx without using a disc drive?

if it helps:
win 7 discs i have available to me currently are the x32 and x64 RTM versions (one where you can choose which edition of win 7 to install)
the macbook is this model: MA897LL/A

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you already considered it but using a virtual machine could work if nothing else does.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried copying the Windows DVD to a bootable usb stick, then I believe you press alt or option key, depending on the naming during boot, to get the boot selection screen, but I don't know if apple allows booting off usb.

Thaddeus_Twain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
so i recently got my hands on a macbook pro and i've updated it to the latest version of snow leopard but i also need to get windows 7 running on it for use at TAFE(uni-like institution) for my VB work...
i tried using the bootcamp assistant and choosing the option about still having my osx disk and at the part where i'm prompted to insert the disk i do so, the macbook reboots and windows installer starts loading only to be greeted by an error (error code is +0xc00000e9) which mentions the problem being something to do with either a usb device being unplugged during the setup (no usb devices are insterted) or a faulty disc drive

assuming it is that the disc drive in this thing is on the fritz, does anyone know how i can install win 7 on this alongside osx without using a disc drive?

if it helps:
win 7 discs i have available to me currently are the x32 and x64 RTM versions (one where you can choose which edition of win 7 to install)
the macbook is this model: MA897LL/A

Just curious, how come you didn't just get a Windows laptop? Macs are generally considered more consumer friendly, but they are more or less toys compared with a PC, especially if you're a programmer. (Please, I don't need to get flamed, so just lay off fanboys.)

Anyway I know it's not really helpful, but I am curious about your reasons for getting a Mac.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Thaddeus_Twain said:
Just curious, how come you didn't just get a Windows laptop? Macs are generally considered more consumer friendly, but they are more or less toys compared with a PC, especially if you're a programmer. (Please, I don't need to get flamed, so just lay off fanboys.)

Anyway I know it's not really helpful, but I am curious about your reasons for getting a Mac.
i have a windows box as my main pc, this mac was obtained at no cost to me and i am considering doing some ios dev when my iphone arrives in the mail....
it's not that i picked one or another, it's that i picked both
tongue.gif

murkurie said:
Have you tried copying the Windows DVD to a bootable usb stick, then I believe you press alt or option key, depending on the naming during boot, to get the boot selection screen, but I don't know if apple allows booting off usb.
from what i've read, newer models support booting from usb but mine doesn't
frown.gif

i would go with running win 7 in a vm but there is currently only 2gb ram in this lappy until i bother to upgrade the hdd and ram
tongue.gif

QUOTE(jesterscourt @ Jun 19 2011, 02:08 PM)
I'd post this at the MacRumors forums, I think you'd get a more accurate and quicker response.
oh, ok. will do
smile.gif

Thaddeus_Twain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
Thaddeus_Twain said:

i have a windows box as my main pc, this mac was obtained at no cost to me and i am considering doing some ios dev when my iphone arrives in the mail....
tongue.gif

Nice, how'd you score a free lappy?

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
murkurie said:
from what i've read, newer models support booting from usb but mine doesn't
frown.gif

i would go with running win 7 in a vm but there is currently only 2gb ram in this lappy until i bother to upgrade the hdd and ram
tongue.gif
after some searching I've found this utility rEFIt that let mac's boot off USB, and triple boot OS's

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Thaddeus_Twain said:
mercluke said:
Thaddeus_Twain said:

tongue.gif

Nice, how'd you score a free lappy?
i had a hp laptop that i was previously using for tafe stuff which i swapped for this macbook (the lappy was slightly beefier but this has a larger screen and no hackintosh distros i tried liked that lappy
tongue.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi