Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercluke

OP mercluke ‮҉

Actually, nvm... a blast of compressed air to the "superdrive" fixed the problem, it's intsalling as i type [​IMG]

so i recently got my hands on a macbook pro and i've updated it to the latest version of snow leopard but i also need to get windows 7 running on it for use at TAFE(uni-like institution) for my VB work...
    i tried using the bootcamp assistant and choosing the option about still having my osx disk and at the part where i'm prompted to insert the disk i do so, the macbook reboots and windows installer starts loading only to be greeted by an error (error code is +0xc00000e9) which mentions the problem being something to do with either a usb device being unplugged during the setup (no usb devices are insterted) or a faulty disc drive

assuming it is that the disc drive in this thing is on the fritz, does anyone know how i can install win 7 on this alongside osx without using a disc drive?

if it helps:
    win 7 discs i have available to me currently are the x32 and x64 RTM versions (one where you can choose which edition of win 7 to install)
    the macbook is this model: MA897LL/A

2. Magmorph

Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm guessing you already considered it but using a virtual machine could work if nothing else does.

3. murkurie

murkurie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Have you tried copying the Windows DVD to a bootable usb stick, then I believe you press alt or option key, depending on the naming during boot, to get the boot selection screen, but I don't know if apple allows booting off usb.

4. Thaddeus_Twain

Newcomer

United States
    Just curious, how come you didn't just get a Windows laptop? Macs are generally considered more consumer friendly, but they are more or less toys compared with a PC, especially if you're a programmer. (Please, I don't need to get flamed, so just lay off fanboys.)

Anyway I know it's not really helpful, but I am curious about your reasons for getting a Mac.

5. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I'd post this at the MacRumors forums, I think you'd get a more accurate and quicker response.

6. mercluke

OP mercluke ‮҉

oh, ok. will do [​IMG]

7. Thaddeus_Twain

Newcomer

United States
    Nice, how'd you score a free lappy?

8. murkurie

murkurie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    after some searching I've found this utility rEFIt that let mac's boot off USB, and triple boot OS's

9. mercluke

OP mercluke ‮҉

i had a hp laptop that i was previously using for tafe stuff which i swapped for this macbook (the lappy was slightly beefier but this has a larger screen and no hackintosh distros i tried liked that lappy [​IMG])

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - problems, Macbook, install

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.