kevan

Imagination rules the world
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I always see PC haters out there and I wonder why?

I ask them, they be like OMGFROFLMAO PC SUCK BLUESCREENLULZ

And really you will never blue screen unless you stuff up some hardware installation,
or software. So really if you know what your doing bluescreens are extremely rare.
Ive had one since getting this laptop. Also bit hypocritical since i frequently get what
people around here call the spinning circle of death on the Mac. You know where the
colourful spinning wheel appears and things freeze up etc. Not to mention how broken
the force quit command can be sometimes.

Also you can do anything that a Mac can do (Just about) with a PC and vice versa.

Leaves me sorta confused over why people cult follow Mac or PC.

And yes I understand Mac is good aswell and has some major advantages over pc and vice versa.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mac_pc.png

*source from XKCD

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not taking sides or anything, but the spinning beach ball is the equivalent of the hourglass on windows.

I personally think both operating systems have their own ways to shine, and neither is better than the other. Mac has a really easy way to install stuff for the most part (usually just drag and drop
biggrin.gif
) and has a lot of simplicity, and windows has a lot more support from third-party developers and such, making its versatility very good

EDIT: This
kevan said:
Exactly the only real advantages that I know of is that

PC has and edge over gaming and Mac has an edge over Lifestyle Programs/Music.

D

Deleted_171835

Spikey said:
Mac is better than Windows because the M is an upside down W, which means it the antiWindows. Wait, no... Windows is better than Mac cause the W is an upside down M, which means it's the antiMac. Wait, no...
And if you want to get technical, a Mac is the same thing as a PC.

Anyways, the only advantages a Mac has over a traditional computer is that it's great at video-editing. Apart from that and gaming, they're pretty much the same. It's pretty much personal preference at that point (GUI, ease of use, etc.)

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never get hourglass on Windows 7....
Nowadays you get program crashes instead of hourglass.
Yeah Hardware wise they are really identical now.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your talking bout for PC I know, just Mac ones seem a bit better.

Example, from what ive heard, Final Cut Pro is better than Sony Vegas.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows has three areas in which it excels:

1. Cheaper and more plentiful hardware configurations.

2. Enterprise deployment.

3. Gaming.

Setting aside hardware for a moment, my personal opinion is that OSX is better in pretty much every other respect as a consumer OS. Gaming is of course a big issue in a community centered around the topic, although dual-booting or having a separate gaming machine isn't a bad work-around. If you're a kid who uses their machine primarily for gaming however, probably not worth the effort.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:

Vegas is not really on the same level as a professional editing suite like FCP (at least prior to X).

On the Windows side you should be looking at Avid or Premier Pro, which incidentally both have OSX versions as well.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You reckon Avid is better than Vegas? I only got Pinnacle Studio 14 HD lol but anyway, I know that FCP is better than Vegas.

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
IMO, I prefer windows because Its the only system Ive ever gotten and everytime I try to learn mac its so "simple" but its not simple enough for ME so
tongue.gif

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:

erm final cut is good and dandy and crap but most peopledon't use it to its full potential which nearly negates that fact
even I don't use all the crap with Sony Vegas. Its good enough for most stuff but shmeh

for gaming PC's are much better because of hardware (and networking stuff)
for equivalent hardware most estimates for macs are about 70% or so additonal cost of a PC

My recommendation is to run a virtual machine If you need maccle programs (basically a computer you run on your computer VMware has free software for that and Im also thinking of Quemu)

My suggestion: buy a nice PC and run a VM of a mac and you can have the best of both worlds. and prolly saving money
Edit: also dual booting may work but could be iffy

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
You reckon Avid is better than Vegas? I only got Pinnacle Studio 14 HD lol but anyway, I know that FCP is better than Vegas.
When I say "Avid," I mean their flagship product, Media Composer, which is the editing suite in the movie industry. FCP has a decent chunk of the market share, Premier Pro a smaller chunk.

Vegas is not comparable at all. It's simply not capable of scaling to the kind of workflow used in that environment, where you're working with possible tens of thousands of different objects you need to track and manipulate.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
f3ar000 said:
erm final cut is good and dandy and crap but most peopledon't use it to its full potential which nearly negates that fact
even I don't use all the crap with Sony Vegas. Its good enough for most stuff but shmeh
Again, FCP and Vegas are not competing products. If we're talking about consumer-targeted editors, iMovie is pretty much the gold-standard in intuitive video manipulation for the average user.

QUOTEfor gaming PC's are much better because of hardware (and networking stuff)
for equivalent hardware most estimates for macs are about 70% or so additonal cost of a PC
That's what hackintoshes are for
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?