Mac OS X users, I have a question.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by BORTZ, Jan 15, 2010.

Jan 15, 2010
  1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Is it available for mac?

Jk i know it is and im using it on leopard. Im having slowdown issues with firefox. im not sure why, but is spiking my CPU usage to over 100% every 5 to 10 seconds on sites like facebook. rarely does it happen here on the Temp, but other places it seems to freeze momentarily and then jump to where ever its supposed to be, like if i were scrolling down a page. Super annoying.

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  3. macgeek417

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
    ...or switch to Camino. It uses the same engine as firefox, just 100% mac native, writen in Cocoa.

http://caminobrowser.org/

4. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Sick! I'll use that! [​IMG]

5. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Press: 8+alt+ctrl+options/appleicon at the same time [​IMG] DW its safe [​IMG]

On-topic:
    This was why i was always skeptical of FF

6. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Except without the extensions and majority of the other customizability of Firefox, which is really the only reason to use it in the first place. Not to mention Camino development usually lags behind that of Firefox, meaning it pretty much is always using an old version of the rendering engine (among other things).

Camino is to Firefox what a Geo Prism is to a Mercedes, they'll both get you where you want to go, but one is clearly superior to the other (and in our case, both free [​IMG] ).

EDIT, second analogy: Camino is like Firefox's mentally challenged brother that has to be dressed up for family photos.

7. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    @ Urza, Awesome, thanks! im trying one of the builds now. If it holds up ill keep it.

@ Zeromac, i know that "trick" well. Its good for reading the forum in low light. its easier on the eyes.