Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a PC?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by .psyched, Sep 21, 2010.

Sep 21, 2010

Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a PC? by .psyched at 1:49 PM (1,139 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. .psyched
    OP

Member .psyched GBAtemp Regular

France
    I'd really like to try that out. I do know there're some methods, but I'd like to gather more information right here.
    So, it sure is possible, but is there an easy way like Wubi to install Ubuntu? I mean, It sounds really complicated, and I don't want to "brick" my computer, if you know what I mean.
    So yes, Snow leopard 10.6.4 on a PC.

2. testatura

Member testatura GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    http://www.hackintosh.com/

you could start here,not that I tried ,but some time ago I got really interested in project, and dunno why I quit,if you get successful you could post how it went

[​IMG]

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    With ubuntu, they do their best to make it easy.

With OSX, apple does it's best to make it hard.

4. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
  5. .psyched
    OP

Member .psyched GBAtemp Regular

France
    So I need a USB? Didn't really understand that thumb drive thing.

6. shineaway

Newcomer shineaway Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    You can try searching "InsanelyMac" in google for a hackintosh forum community, or search "osx86 project" for other sites that can help with setting up your first hackintosh. You'll defiantly need a copy of the Snow Leopard Install DVD, whether it be genuine or pirated.

Some of your hardware may not have Apple drivers, so you'll have to look around for drivers created by other people. If your lucky, you'll find some ;]

7. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I don't have the required hardware for hackintosh (and don't want to change my settings).
    Does a VMware environment can run OSX too ?
    I didn't find one (but I didn't search a lot either), but as it's illegal I think it's not provided on VMware website.

It would be great if I could test and debug my own firefox add-ons on a Mac myself. users reporting bugs and errors are never willing to help.

8. redfalcon

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    Its possible to run it in VMWare with some hacks, though its not conforming with Apple's policy. There are guides to do this in the InsanelyMac Forums, but its really not worth it IMO. It is usable, but rather slow and choppy to use. Browsing is somewhat possible, but it feels like using Firefox 3 on a 200 MHz CPU with 32 MB RAM. Its nice to experiment a bit, but not for productive use.

9. Jotokun

Member Jotokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dont know about VMWare, but there are some guides out there to get it running under VirtualBox pretty well. Granted it requires a CPU with VT instructions, so its hit or miss as to whether you can actualy use it.

10. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    thanks, I'll look for virtualBox then.
    I don't care if it's very slow on VMware/virtualBox, as it's for a debugging purpose only, not for a working environment.