Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
airpirate545 said:
does anyone else have trouble playing lunar knights with sakura? it gets stuck on 2 black screens after it shows the capcom and kojima logo for me.
hm.. what a coincidence.
just checked it out yesterday to see if it's any good, and it's working fine for me.

are you using SP1?
and did you place anything in the system folder?(other than the default m3sakura files)
and do you have a wallpaper active?

i think it was the file, i redownloaded it and it worked this time.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OSW said:
cory1492 said:
zidane_genome said:
Has Sakura been hacked enough to run on the G6 yet? I've tried with the English version, but I get the error about reading the file system... since the G6 has internal memory... Just wondering
Nope. It's pretty far back in the thread, but it comes down to this:

For sakura to run on G6, it would need to be rebuilt from source to handle a dldi section that is double the size of the one built in (so it can access G6's built in memory.) I won't say it's impossible to relink a binary to do such things - I just don't see it being something that will ever happen - the result would be very very likely to cause other problems anyway as sakura is like moonshell in that it tries to use all available resources internally.
What about if a new G6 DLDI file that only required 16KB space was compiled? possible?
I actually never thought of that idea, I have no clue if it's possible, but I'm interested in the answer too!!

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there even any source for the G6 dldi? I expect the reason it is so big is because it has to handle the NAND directly instead of a SM/serial on serial api where the NAND access and wear leveling/bad block management is internal (like it is on an SD card, which has it's own inbuilt controller due to the SDIO to NAND interface.)

I suppose with the source you could make a smaller write only driver, or possibly attempt to optimize it - but if I'm right and NAND has to be handled directly there is a lot of overhead for things like bad block management, wear leveling and similar.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Exactly...no date announced for english release, but enjoy what you have!! It works great, maybe game or two doesn't work, but there are tons of games, just play something..
smile.gif

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did anyone have a trouble with the game "The World Ends With You"?
it hangs up after the introductionary training (the hero decides to run away, the cinematics start, the animation of the running hero..) when the main character runs across another young boy who wears a black hat with a white skull on it, the game totally hangs ..
I tried to format the flash card..
I tried to run in the original FW (that's connected with sakura by the triple loader), i tried to defrag the flash card..
I downloaded the other version of the rom / not the US, but the EU version..
all the same =(
who could help me with this issue?
(my card is Kingston SDHC 4Gb class 6, made in taiwan)
Thanx in advance!)
(btw, i'll try to run it in the original FW WITHOUT triple loader, I'll delete Sakura for a couple of minutes, we'll see, if it's not useless)

Upd. duh, it didn't help.. same problem(((
(I didn't apply any 'patches' like soft-reset or cheats or whatever)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Many people have reported exactly the same problem for TYEWY. If you check back on the forums a page or 3, you should be able to find them. General consensus is that it's caused by low-speed media (a slow MicroSD), although since you have a Kingston class 6, that shouldn't be the problem.

Two working fixes to get around it: open/close the DS during the cinematic - worked for me (SanDisk Class 4), or use slow motion mode during the cinematic - a function of M3 Real and Sakura. If the game itself is made to run slow, then the freeze shouldn't happen (it gives the DS more time to buffer the cinematic, or so the common theory goes).

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's a third way to fix the freezing problem. It was mentioned in one of the TWEWY threads (can't remember which) back when the English ROMs were first released. The TWEWY freezing problem is present only in the US and European ROMs, and not in the Japanese ROM. It seems that the problem lies in the audio of the cutscene, rather than the cutscene itself.

1. You will need two copies of the TWEWY ROM: one Japanese (called Subarashiki Kono Sekai) and one English (either US or EUR).
2. Use DSLazy to unpack both ROMs.
3. Copy the audio folder and its contents (all the .adx files) from the Japanese ROM into the English ROM (overwrite the English ROM's audio folder).
4. Repack the English ROM, and you're done.

When you play through the beginning with the modified English ROM, there will be no freezing. You'll end up with a TWEWY ROM that has Japanese audio, but with English text and subtitles. This shouldn't be an issue for non-Japanese speakers because the beginning of the game contains subtitles for all of the audio; however, later on in the game (especially at the final battle) there's heavy audio dialogue with minimal subtitles. So use the modified English ROM just to get past the first cutscene, then save as soon as you get a chance. Once you've saved, replace the modded ROM with a clean dump of the English release (keep the save), and play as normal.

Compared with the other two methods, it sounds like a lot of work, I know. But I'm not a big fan of opening and closing my DS rapidly, what with reports of the hinges cracking from overuse. And I've never tried the slow-motion trick, so I can't confirm its effectiveness. But I have tried this third method, and it worked for me. And since I'm proficient enough in Japanese, I didn't even bother switching back to the clean English ROM once I got past the first cutscene (I actually played the entire game in Japanese before the English releases came out).

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The TWEWY fix of opening/closing the lid worked for me (sandisk 6GB class 4), and I must say the game is one of the best I have ever played. Well worth that very minor inconvenience in the very beginning.

I too wish that the official English sakura would come out. I want to be able to run homebrew again without having to use a different, inferior loader. Sakura is just such an awesome interface, going back to anything else, even if just to load homebrew, is a letdown.

mercenary96

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ahh okay so its the audio file which causes the freeze. No wonder that using the japanese video file didn't make any difference. But if you exchange the whole audio files some songs are also changed (All Regional Differences). Hmm lets see if we can find just the "corrupt" audio file, then we wouldn't have to switch the roms.

EDIT:
Okay I found an adx plugin for Winamp and now I am looking for the song which has to be replaced. Has got to be something from twister.

EDIT2:
It has to be "E01.adx", but both songs have the same content and size!

EDIT3:
First test didn't work, the rom also crashed with the japanese E01.adx. So there has to be at least one other file involved with the crash.

Edit4:
Result: (First of all there is no audio folder but the data folder with the adx files.) We replaced all the english with the japanese soundfiles. The game crashes at the startup. I also tested the japanese rom, which got 3 times trough the intro.So the audio ( adx files ) are NOT the cause of the gamecrash!! There has to be some other file which is responsible for the crash.

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanx, guys!
the open-close solution helped me out)
btw, before trying to open-close the console I tried the method suggested by Densetsu3000..
I copied all the adx-files from the data folder & all the folder 'Sound', & unfortunately, as in the case mercenary96 had, it didn't help me to solve the prob..

Miszy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey all,

can someone tell me, if the M3 Sakura will work on my M3 Lite?
Ive a 2 Slot System. Im not very optimistic that it will run, but it would be kinda cool.

See ya!

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miszy said:
Hey all,

can someone tell me, if the M3 Sakura will work on my M3 Lite?
Ive a 2 Slot System. Im not very optimistic that it will run, but it would be kinda cool.

See ya!

GBalpha (super evil pirate parent company of "teams" G6/M3/R4/MoviePlayer/Sakura) could make it work, but they won't. They've only given one FW update this year... and only the Chinese FW at that. M3/G6 Slot2 is more or less dead... at least as far as official dev goes.

Sadly, the hacked DLDI version runs very poor from my M3Lite. I find it odd that my ancient SuperCard SD and my M3Simply can both run Sakura DLDI perfectly (well, as a media player anyway.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1