Hacking m3sakura is almost here!

Nagaroth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You might want to add this to the next bundle version (taken from HandHeldSources, described as M3Sakura Serve Pack No.01 (Solve NDS Game 2326. Copy startnds.ext file to SYSTEM folder).

Oh, and many thanks for all the work you've done this far guys. Really appreciated.

mercenary96

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nagaroth said:
You might want to add this to the next bundle version (taken from HandHeldSources, described as M3Sakura Serve Pack No.01 (Solve NDS Game 2326. Copy startnds.ext file to SYSTEM folder).

Oh, and many thanks for all the work you've done this far guys. Really appreciated.

I think if you use the SP1 you can't run games anymore, iamanobody would first have to hack it for us

Nagaroth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercenary96 said:
Nagaroth said:

I think if you use the SP1 you can't run games anymore, iamanobody would first have to hack it for us

Oops, you're right. I was in a rush and didn't check that the "SP" is actually a new version of the DS loader. Will have to wait then
rolleyes.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear lord almighty this thing is beautiful. I am so glad I held out for this and didn't just get another R4.

I can't believe this community. You guys are just, wow.

Also, it's too bad that the shell doesn't support as many music formats as Moonshell. I really would have liked the ability to play NSF files while browsing.

chaotic_geo

Trophies
Website
thegamingforum.org
XP
Country
AXYPB said:
Dear lord almighty this thing is beautiful. I am so glad I held out for this and didn't just get another R4.

I can't believe this community. You guys are just, wow.

Also, it's too bad that the shell doesn't support as many music formats as Moonshell. I really would have liked the ability to play NSF files while browsing.
NSF...?
blink.gif

I think I may make a skin myself, this stuff is pretty awesome and worthwhile.
cool.gif

mercenary96

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New Updated Skinpack

Includes:

Skins:
New pink skin V2 (with new and transparent buttons)
New blue skin V2 (with new and transparent buttons, now you can't see the pink glimmer on the buttons anymore)
(click on the skinfiles to only download them if you don't need to create own skins)

Skinfiles:
The used pictures of course
The Adobe PSD's
The new Transparent Buttonset (looks better if you want to make skins in other colors than pink)
The Green Loadingcircle (looks better if you want to make skins in other colors than pink)

Download from Rapidshare

I hope this will help you guys to create new skins.

EDIT:

sorry chaotic_geo that I posted them a few minutes "after" you released your new sakurapack ^^
Hope you will update the m3sakura pack soon
biggrin.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I use this, the more I can't believe I can actually have it. Even the image viewer is astounding. How does it manage to load up wallpaper-sized images without expansion RAM?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AXYPB said:
The more I use this, the more I can't believe I can actually use it. Even the image viewer is astounding. How does it manage to load up wallpaper-sized images without expansion RAM?
actually, it does use 16MB expansion RAM.
check the swapfile.$$$ file.
it's virtual memory that's used so it doesn't need expansion ram for heavy duty tasks.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

I have a 3-in-1 that is detected by the firmware as "16MByte GBA expansion cart" when I set the mode in GBA Exploader. Will I get any benefits from using it in the shell?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't know.
it might speed up some things, and increase your microSD lifetime(the reading and writing with the swapfile decreases the lifetime on your microSD, but so does any write action for SD's)

Giho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, i'm using my sandisc 8gb microsdhc without problem. it even detect my m3lite as a gba expansion and ram pack.

woof811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
very impressed with the m3 sakura , running excellently on my m3 real , seems very quick and a huge improvement on the original m3real firmware , a big thanx to all that made it happen
ohmy.gif
)

woof811.
yaynds.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
halomasta: if I read the badly translated japanese properly... the M3real hack of itouch didn't work?
Nagaroth said:
mercenary96 said:
Nagaroth said:

Oops, you're right. I was in a rush and didn't check that the "SP" is actually a new version of the DS loader. Will have to wait then
rolleyes.gif
Somebody test this (M3Sakura_Ver111_SP1_hexpatched.zip) on an english sakura, I don't have the time right this second to convert my m3 back again to see if it works, but it still launches from japanese so it can't be overly broken by my hexing. This is iamanobody's patches hex edited into the 111-sp1 file, as such all credit belongs in the right place (provided it actually works, iamanobody, if not, me
laugh.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth