Hacking M3i Zero will not flash get one quick red light

jssyjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi , i have a M3i zero flashcart that has been working fine for a year , it was acting up a little so i decided to update it .... i put the new Fcore file on the root of the micro card but when i plug the flash cable to the PC it gives me one quick flash of the red light and thats it , once it flashed about 5 times no more . I have updated another one the same flashcart in the same procedure and it went fine. Is there something i can try to get this flashcart to take the flash ? or does anyone know why it will not flash ? I tried it with fcore.dat only on card and with fcore.dat and system folder on card and neither way seems to work .

thanks

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Have you tried using the cable where it was successful with the other M3i Zero to flash it with the one that doesn't work?

jssyjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, i used the same cable on both . One went fine and the other refuses to flash. It doesn't matter if i use a different system folder than the original does it ? like a newer one.

jssyjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It belongs to a friend ... not sure which site he got it from but its almost a year old , not sure if they will take it back , have to try i guess.

jssyjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats better ...... i have flashed prolly 6 of them and only this one has given me trouble, and even this one worked first time i did it, i was trying to update the fcore on it and it failed now can't get anything from it but one quick flash. once they are flashed they work flawless . I had a cyclo evolution cart a few years back , buggy worked like crap compared to these M3i 's . I undestand the acecard 2 works well , never tried it .

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
jssyjames said:
Whats better ...... i have flashed prolly 6 of them and only this one has given me trouble, once they are flashed they work flawless . I had a cyclo evolution cart a few years back , buggy worked like crap compared to these M3i 's . I undestand the acecard 2 works well , never tried it .
A lot has changed since then. Even R4 is now a top of the line card again.
M3 hardly updates, their updates aren't good, they lack any real kinda features and don't properly use the features they promise and now then they just make new flashcard that don't do anything new, but lock out alternate firmwares and force users to use their new buggy firmware.
Acekard, Cyclo, R4, R4i Gold from www.r4ids.cn, Ez-Flash Vi, and Supercard are the current top of the line cards that get regular and stable updates and do just as they promise.

jssyjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks .... i am curious now think i might sell my friend one of my M3i's and try and acecard 2 or R4 !!! Wounder which one has the coolest looking\best working interface ? the kids like the cool visuals .

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
jssyjames said:
Hey thanks .... i am curious now think i might sell my friend one of my M3i's and try and acecard 2 or R4 !!! Wounder which one has the coolest looking\best working interface ? the kids like the cool visuals .
Well if you don't intend on getting a DSi anytime soon and don't mind only using 1 to 2 gigs, go with the R4 since it now has R4Wood which uses the same base as AKAIO as well as the same skins.
If you intend on getting a DSi or just want SDHC support go with Acekard 2i.

jssyjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acually its going in a new XL ..... the m3i in it now works flawless so i'm prolly dumb for even thinking about selling it to try something else , the sleep mode even works perfect on the XL with the M3i zero. I just like playing with new stuff , its my daughters NDS XL . I wounder how well the acekard 2i works in the XL , if there are any glitches ?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
jssyjames said:
Acually its going in a new XL ..... the m3i in it now works flawless so i'm prolly dumb for even thinking about selling it to try something else , the sleep mode even works perfect on the XL with the M3i zero. I just like playing with new stuff , its my daughters NDS XL . I wounder how well the acekard 2i works in the XL , if there are any glitches ?
I have tested the Acekard 2i on the DSi XL myself and found no problems in game play or any kinda glitches.

jssyjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And i will say the acekard2i seems nicer than the m3i for sure , i like the fact that the .sav files can be hidden this makes browsing for games much easier also the interface is much faster and nicer to look at , it also has some other cool feature that the m3i zero doesn't offer, its also much easier to get going drop files on card and play. Have only had it two days now but sofar i will say i will never order another m3i zero .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.