Hacking M3i Zero or Supercard Onei?

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious. How does the Multiloader work on the M3? I know with the SCDS One you can, say, hold Y on start up and it'll launch ysmenu. Is that how the M3's works? How about the triple loader?

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Saf1 said:
I'm curious. How does the Multiloader work on the M3? I know with the SCDS One you can, say, hold Y on start up and it'll launch ysmenu. Is that how the M3's works? How about the triple loader?
The M3 Real Triple loader (M3 iSakuReal) doesn't work anymore cause they disabled auto-booting of homebrew.
They made a dual boot, however, if the A button is held down, then it brings you to a menu that decides what firmware to boot.
It really just writes/overwrites the config file...
and of course, you can change firmware later.

M3i Zero is a better choice, but the SuperCard DSoneI is also brilliant.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My thoughts are the Supercard is based on moonshell 1.2 and the M3 is based on moonshell 2.0. If you want all the features of the Supercard best wait for teamcyclops to come out with a DSI card. I'd go with the M3. The Supercard needs a total rework and I seriously doubt they're up to the task.

Ice-Rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to interrupt the promotion of the m3i-Zero.
I was a very happy user of m3real DS. Orderd/used more then 10 without any problems.

But I got a DSi-One supercard and lately got my M3i-zero.

My problem is with the M3i-Zero with both firmwares (playing Puzzle Quest Galactrix) that if you close the Dsi cover the DSi goes offline (power-off). You have to start the DSi again.

My DSi-One supercard doesn't have that problem. So until that's fixed I prefer the DSi-One supercard.

QUOTE said:
Extra info: I have a DSi Europe (NL) with Ver 1.3E system.
M3i-Zero, flashed with v1.0 F_Core.dat.
Tested on official systems
- M3/G6 DS Real Firmware v4.3h X47 (E/U)
- M3Sakura Ver1.40 X The Europe/USA Version
My favourite DS game is Puzzle Quest - Galactrix.
Tested on same and different SDHC card. With exactly same nds and sav file.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also run Moonshell 2 as the main firmware and boot commercial roms from it. Although
as of now you lose rts and rtg, as you load roms through ysmenu. For me its no loss as I have never used either feature. Moonshell 2 is just a very nice gui and I prefer it over sc menu.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
After trying out both the Scds1 (sure, an older version but nothing major has changed) and the M3i Zero I've got to say that I clearly prefer the Scds1. While Scds1's GUI is inferior to that of M3Sakura the features they've implemented are much more stable and compatibility with games/homebrew are much better. But, the GUI of Scds1 is still bad and as of such I wouldn't recommend it. It's still on top of when it comes to Scds1i vs M3i Zero, but I've found Ak2i to be my flashcart of choice if used with AKAIO.

Ice-Rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mestapho said:
You can also run Moonshell 2 as the main firmware and boot commercial roms from it. Although
as of now you lose rts and rtg, as you load roms through ysmenu. For me its no loss as I have never used either feature. Moonshell 2 is just a very nice gui and I prefer it over sc menu.
Where to find it for the M3i ? Did search but couldn't find anything.

Edit: Found out moonshell doesn't support NDS files. So please give good advice. Thanx.

Ice-Rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Placeholder said:
You don't need it for M3i as M3i has Sakura. Sakura is basically Moonshell, but with more features.
Found out after searching a lot. Thanx. But still keeps my problem with the m3i-zero alive.

When playing Puzzle Quest Galactrix. I close the DSi. And power goes off. With the DSi-One Supercard this isn't happening.

iamjust

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ice-Rabbit said:
When playing Puzzle Quest Galactrix. I close the DSi. And power goes off. With the DSi-One Supercard this isn't happening.

That seems to be a problem with a lot of people...maybe it will be fixed in a future update?

Ice-Rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iamjust said:
That seems to be a problem with a lot of people...maybe it will be fixed in a future update?
Where did you read that? I can't find the good forum where bugs/fixes are reported for this card.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive seen this problem with a few flashcarts or complaints about it
I think it has to do with the dsi its self rather then the flashcarts

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
Only noobs buy m3 products

lrn2troll

400px-Trollface_HD.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn