M3i Zero or Supercard Onei?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Saf1, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009

M3i Zero or Supercard Onei? by Saf1 at 3:33 AM (4,882 Views / 0 Likes) 40 replies

1. Saf1
    OP

Newcomer Saf1 Advanced Member

United States
    I know these kinds of topics are being made a lot but I'm really conflicted here. On one hand I like that the M3i doesn't have that character limit for save files and has built in cheats, but on the other I've had a Supercard for my DS Lite and it worked perfectly fine aside from the slightly slow menu which was apparently fixed after the update.

Now that I have a DSi I have to make the decision again. The SC team or the M3 team. I'm also considering how the M3 team simply dropped support of a lot of their slot 2 devices whereas the SC team is decently dedicated.

2. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    I am LOVING my M3i so far. In terms of which I like just by it's feel so far, I'd easily take the M3i over the SCDS1i any day

3. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    While I am a SC owner myself, when it comes to DSi cards, I gotta go with M3 on this one. The SC team just hasn't addressed a lot of complaints people have with their current loader/firmware (though the speed is a lot better now). This is a major issue with the DSOnei at the moment.

M3 Zero on the other hand has Sakura. Should I elaborate on this? [​IMG]

They also have decent support as long as the card doesn't go outdated. Then they are known to just kinda forget about them unlike the SC team.

4. Saf1
    OP

United States
    So should I be concerned about them abandoning me if Nintendo releases an update that attempts to block flashcarts? I know the SC team is fairly dedicated on making sure that they release updates for it.

5. H2fans

Newcomer H2fans Member

China
    M3 seems to only support their latest card
    When they released a new card, they will forget their old products :\
    So i wont buy anything which made by Gbalpha :P

6. Hardkaare

Member Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    I recommend the M3i
    Its easier to use, and adding cheats/downloaded saves is much easier.

7. liuruicloud

Newcomer liuruicloud Newbie

China
    I prefer SC, actually I have not own any m3 cards [​IMG]
    But according to these posts, I found m3 does not support their old product? I think it wont happen to SC cards.

8. Saf1
    OP

United States
    It's a really tough decision for me since I don't want to be stuck with something like a game that won't run and a team that won't help fix the problem.

On the other hand, while the SC team is active, it took them nearly a year just to fix their software so it didn't go mindlessly slow. Not to mention the file saving system is nothing short of a sign of bad design. The card may have a team but they aren't doing much other than very minor fixes.

M3 has a good fan following, and I'm sure if the team every does abandon the card it'll be long after any major kinks are worked out (if any).

I'm going M3i.

9. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    I own both an M3Real + SuperCard DS One v3. Both act the same with their superiors (M3i Zero + SCDS1i) just the fact that the M3i + SCDS1i are compatible with the DSi.

Depends what you are using them for... Simply playing games? M3i is the one for you.

Here is basically what I see with pros and cons:

SCDS1i Pros:
    - Real Time Save
    - Real Time Cheat
    - In-Game Guide
    - TripleBoot (Not sure... Since iunno if anyone has tested this yet)

Cons:
    - Save issue (Not the same name, they shortened it or something...)
    - Cheat Database is outdated (they use the old style when each game has a seperate cheat file)
    - OS Hasn't been updated (what I mean is that they still use the old MoonShell. They should've upgraded to the New Moonshell which is the 2.0 Beta.)

--

M3i Pros:
    - Real Time Save
    - Loads Sakura (I heard it does... And I think it loads iTouch Firmware aswell, but like I said, not tested)
    - Save Files are what expected (They use the way most flashcarts do. Take the name of the .nds game, take off the .nds and replace it with .sav)
    - Uses modern cheat style (uses the ones GBAtemp actually update. Just one file instead of multiple files)

Cons:
    - None I can think of xDD.

10. Saf1
    OP

United States
    lol thanks. But to make it fair, cons that I can think of for the M3 would be:
    -They are known for abandoning support for a card when they release a new one.
    -It doesn't have Bliss' Multiloader, which was easily the best app for the Supercard. I can't get a straight answer from anyone on how Triple Loader works for the M3 so I can't vouch for that.

11. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    I would suggest the M3 over the Supercard any day. The Supercard firmware for me has been a major letdown with the horrible cheat engine and such slow ROM loading times.

12. Splych

Philippines
    4CoolDay, bookmarked.

Anyway, Pharaoh, what do you mean by Global Settings?

13. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    could you explain both of those to me?

i dont know what either are

14. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well, RTG means real time guide, which lets you read text-based walkthroughs and FAQs in-game, but I dunno what he means by global settings.

15. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    hmmm, that RTG.... is that something that could be patched (by the M3 team or by someone else) into the M3i firmware?

16. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    If they really wanted, they could. Dunno if it's on their list of things to do though.

17. mestapho

Member mestapho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can someone (Iwakara, as you've used both) explain why the m3i is so much better?

I'm not challenging you, I'm just new to NDS stuff/hacking/homebrew, and am admittedly ignorant.

I've only used the sc DSione as that is what I got for my daughter's DSi. I'm only interested in playing games, movies, and music.

As far as I can tell the DSione works flawlessly, (with upgrading moonshell to 2.02).

The interface is simple and natural to use, (a list of games that you scroll through and press a to load). My six year old uses it with ease.

The loading time is reasonable, it takes about 2-3 seconds before the game loading screen comes up then loads the same as the actual

retail cartridges I've used. The issue with the speed of scrolling was taken care of (updated firmware)

by the time I started using mine/my daughters. I don't find any problem with scrolling through the list

of 30 or so games loaded on the flash cart, and I change games fairly frequently as I'm just testing games

for my daughter. I'm interested because my wife wants a DSi now, so I'll be buying another flashcart soon.

18. mestapho

Member mestapho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks - That is the kind of answer I was hoping for. I do have an 8gb card but its obviously hardly filled, so I haven't run into the long lag as it catches up with scrolling yet. I guess I'll get the M3i for the wifey though.

19. Splych

Philippines
    Woow. Some explanation... The M3 isn't the only one without global settings. The AceKard also has that... Global Settings problem. Whenever I try and do soft reset xDD. This is sorta off topic... Oh well x3

It doesn't hurt to try other flashcarts in one family. So get your wife the M3i and then you can compare them both when you really want to know. At least that way, everything is in front of you and you'll know the differences.

20. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Lol XD even my red box r4i has global settings and whatnot, its probably the best r4 clone on the market right now, since they update their firmware like every 5-30 days. [​IMG]